Thread: Want to replace Ethernet port on Dell Inspiron 530S

Want to replace Ethernet port on Dell Inspiron 530S

Hi, I am using Dell Inspiron 530S from last couple of moths and used to connect Ethernet cable to it and really it was working perfectly but don’t know what happens to the port, as whenever I try to connect the cable to it and because of that connection couldn’t be established.

Don’t know how it was damaged actually, or even I don’t know whether it is been damaged or not. but I am about to replace it but from where can I replace it? do I contact support center for the same, because I have check the warranty card and the period is still remaining. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Want to replace Ethernet port on Dell Inspiron 530S

I am not sure whether the machine you have has Ethernet port on its motherboard or it is a separate chip, thus according to me you should try to make sure whether the port is on the board or not. because the whole thing actually depends on that only, I mean to say if that chip is different than you can simply change it and then instead assemble another one, but if the port is on the motherboard itself that I am not sure but you might have to change the motherboard because I don’t think that would be replaceable or repairable.

Re: Want to replace Ethernet port on Dell Inspiron 530S

I am agree with the above user but still according to me you should try to contact the service center as well for the same, because as you have mentioned that the warranty period is still remaining so you don’t have to pay them rather the service would be given to you, but are you sure that you haven’t made any physical damage to your machine, because they don’t consider such a circumstances while claiming warranty.