Thread: Internet conection failed on laptop

Internet conection failed on laptop

I am usig an Hp laptop and i am not able to connect to internet via network cable . My laptop can connect to internet from my friends home and through wireless as well . so can any one help me to find how can I connect to network as there is some problem in laptop or router at my location please help ?

Re: Internet conection failed on laptop

The connection to internet depends on the router setting and security . By assuming that DHCP is set on lap top and router is set up with DHCP server and also by assuming that there is no MAC address filtering or any other security checks ,I suggest you to check for IP address and then check for the router settings . If both are correct then problem must be resolved but still it doesn't then check for any firewall or any proxy server that might preventing your computer from connection to internet . After checking for all connections try to ping to router , check browser settings and try to ping any website . If still you are not able to connect to internet then there might be problem in your router or computer settings

Re: Internet conection failed on laptop

If connection to internet is not possible then unplug cable modem from computer and router from power . Wait for few minutes and turn on the cable modem , after that switch router on and at last start you laptop . By doing this all settings should be reset and allow router and computer to connect and reset both of them . if this still does not work then check in command prompt that laptop is getting ip adress using ipconfig /all .