Thread: Kodak Digital camera not recognized by windows vista

Kodak Digital camera not recognized by windows vista

I have a computer and a Kodak digital camera. I have installed windows vista operating system in my computer. I have always been connecting my camera with the computer. I never had any problem in this. Recently I faced a problem. When I tried to connect the digital camera to my pc, the camera did not get recognized. I reinstalled the software but windows couldn’t install a new driver. I have seen that my camera is there in the device manager but the program is not listed in the Kodak program. I am very much irritated and annoyed. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Kodak Digital camera not recognized by windows vista

Well firstly I would like to know the full system specifications? Please mention it in the next post. I am telling you to do this because I will be able to provide you with different effective solutions which help you in resolving your issue. Also I would like to know that what exactly you were installing? I hope you were installing Kodak EasyShare digital camera.

I would suggest you try different usb ports. Try to connect the digital camera via data cable in different ports. It is quite possible that the port that you are trying is got faulty.

I suspect that there is some problem with your digital camera. I think you should try to connect your camera in a different pc. Also make sure that your digital camera is fully charged and is switched
    On.

I think your digital camera is not compatible with windows vista. But I think this should not happen. I would suggest you download the latest drivers from the internet for your camera and try to connect. I hope you know how to download and install the drivers in pc. After this, try to restart your pc and connect the camera. If the problem still persists then I think is something wrong with the usb slot of your camera. I would suggest you to take your digital camera to the dealer from where you had purchased it. Ask him to verify the problem and tell him to rectify it. If it is not the usb slot problem then I think your camera from within is having some problem.

I would suggest you check your camera by connecting to some other computers having different operating system. Just see whether your camera is getting detected or not. If it is getting detected then I would suggest you to change the vista operating system. If your camera is not detected in other pc’s also then I doubt it is the camera problem.

I think the data cable that you are using is corrupted. I would suggest you to check the data cable by connecting the camera to some other pc using the data cable. If the data cable is not fine then try getting a one.