Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

There is no sign of power in Dell Inspiron 1520 running under windows 7

Portable Devices

Old 14-09-2011

There is no sign of power in Dell Inspiron 1520 running under windows 7

Last year I had purchased a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop. I have installed windows 7 operating system. I like this laptop a lot and have served me very well so long now. I have had few small problems with it but all went off easily. Yesterday, my laptop was working absolutely fine. I was working on it and it suddenly got shutdown. I didn?t understand what happened at that time. After that I tried to switch it on but it did not switch on. When I plug the charger and try to charge, it doesn?t charge at all and it even won?t turn on. I think it is completely dead. I don?t see any lights blinking also. I would like to know how I can resolve this problem.

Old 14-09-2011

Re: There is no sign of power in Dell Inspiron 1520 running under windows 7

I have faced similar kind of thing with my hp laptop. I am sure issue is same. I removed the battery from the back of laptop. I had kept the battery out from the laptop for 5 minutes and then I plugged it in back. I would suggest you to do the same thing I am sure that this will resolve the issue of yours. After this, put the power cord to the power outlet and connect it with the laptop. Then try to switch it on. I hope it resolves your issue too.
Old 14-09-2011

I think there is some issue with your motherboard. There are many possibilities in the motherboard that would have got corrupted; I hope you know that motherboard includes lot of things. I would suggest you to replace the motherboard. I am sure after replacing the motherboard your issue will get solved.
Old 14-09-2011

I have an inspiron laptop 1520. The power is not coming. I had contacted the dell technical service centre technician. He told me that I will have to change the dg chip as it is not working. But I am thinking of changing the motherboard for better performance. My dg chip will cost me around 5000 rupees and motherboard would cost me around 9000 rupees. But I think now I should look for a new laptop as I am already spending so much money.
Old 14-09-2011

I think you should change the battery of your laptop. I suspect that it is the battery problem that you are facing. Check that the battery that you are using is a genuine one. Also if you are going to buy a battery then make sure that you get a dell original battery only.
Old 14-09-2011

You have mentioned that the laptop is not getting any power so I think that the issue is related to the power supply only. Some voltage is required by every component that is connected within laptop. If there is no proper voltage then the system will obviously not boot. Motherboard actually provides voltage to all devices. So I would say that get the motherboard checked once.
Old 14-09-2011

I think that you should take your laptop to the dealer or to the authorized dell center. Ask them to check your laptop. I hope that your laptop is under warranty. If there is some issues within then you will get the work done in free provided your laptop is in warranty period. I would say that just follow whatever the technician tells you to do.
Old 14-09-2011

Try to connect the laptop to the AC adapter and check if the battery is charging. Let the battery charge for about 3 to 4 hours. Once the battery has enough charge, try boot the computer and see if it helps.
Old 15-09-2011

I had the same issue with my hp laptop. I got so annoyed that I had to sell it off. I would suggest you to sell it off if you have spent lot of money on that. There were some serious issues with the motherboard and would have to have spent a lot so I decided to sell it off and now I have purchased a dell alienware m17x laptop.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,