Thread: Is ambilight available for alienFX machines

Is ambilight available for alienFX machines

HI, I was currently surfing internet and came across some of the websites showing some ambilight technology comes for the TV’s. and somewhere I came to know that we can have the same for alienware machines as well, is it true?

Will it makes your lights match the overall color of your screen kind like those samsung tvs do? Where can we buy it?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Is ambilight available for alienFX machines

Yeah you are right actually as it is available for some of the machines such as m11xr1, m14xr1, m15xr1, m17xr2, m17xr3, m18xr1. But for more information you have to contact dell for the further assistance.

And apart from the whole machine you can have tactx keyboard and tactx mouse as well for the special effects. And the mentioned models are actually tested by the company itself so there is no doubt to have any of them for use.

The program called lightpack is originally made to exercise with monitors and special USB controller LED to get sort of ambilight effect for your screen.

To know how it works, Each region there is on the screen (8 in total) captures sort of a screenshot in the zone's range, analyze average color and outputs it via USB organizer to equivalent LED. This software with some alteration sends this data not to USB organizer, but to AlienFX controller as an alternative. So you should be aware of, that only feasible option for correct ambilight effect for multiple colors on your keyboard would be to make amazing like 3-4 upright extended zones or great like that, as I have only 1 on my m11x and give every of them to equivalent part of the keyboard. Not sure, that it can be done now, I guess now it's more like evidence of a idea, so standard color now is more feasible solution.

If you have any of the machines you can installed the .EXE file in your machine and then can have this feature in your model.

You can download those files to your machine from dell’s official website. I have done it and it works awesome with my M17x R3, and thus hoping the best for your machine.

For the alienware machine you have to download the software called lightpack and installed it in the PC’s so that you can have those effects in you peripherals.

But let 5e tell you as you must have to have such hardware as well.

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys I have downloaded this, and really it works perfectly but sometimes it just irritate, and that’s why I am about to disable it but don’t know how can I do this.

Is there any idea about disabling the feature? Or first of all let me know whether any such option is available or not.

And what are other option presented in the software such as Capture rate, Slowdown grab, Minimum level of sensitivity, Frequency, Timer, Color depth etc.

I don’t know whether we can disable it or simply we have to uninstall it wholly from the machine, but still I would like to tell you about other options that you have mentioned.

Capture rate - It is something that you wish for as high as possible, to achieve sufficient color change.

Slowdown grabs - How fast program captures color from Pictures.

Minimum level of sensitivity - it's a temporal option, which will be removed in future releases of a program.

Off course you can do it, as they have given such a good facility then they must have provided the option to disable it for sure. And I have found that option. '

If you want to disable, on the task bar you’ll see the lightpack icon so just right click on it and select "turn off", then click on “Alienware command center” and "go dark" before "going light".