Thread: Unable to send or receive text messages in Motorola Photon 4G

Unable to send or receive text messages in Motorola Photon 4G

Hi guys I am rather facing a unusual problem with my phone me and my fiancé bought the same phone Motorola Photon 4G, why that is different story and I don’t want to give my personal information to anyone so now the problem is when I send any text message to her she won’t receive it and I can’t receive her but she say other are able to send and receive her messages so it’s only my phone have the problem, my fiancé told me to get my phone exchange as its new and we have 30 day replacement offer but I have updated this phone with the apps and stuff I need and I don’t want to do it all again so anyone here can suggest me what is exactly wrong with my phone and how should I tackle this problem I am on sprint

re: Unable to send or receive text messages in Motorola Photon 4G

What made you think this is the phone problems any particular reason for that you Might would like to identify this to sprint and have them check there network the device. More likely its look like network related than hardware related get it reprovision

I have changed the phone and notice the same problem it that phone also so clearly it’s not the hardware issue I am planning to call Sprint tomorrow and see what they say.

Why don’t you try this
    Just Update your Profile and then Update your PRL Reboot the phones see if this works or not. As this is not a phone problem, it's a service matter. Sprint has been having this issue in a many places, in reality it's been awful here in Chicago's loop for months. I've had it occur time to time with my Evo and my Photon. Judt call then up

Re: Unable to send or receive text messages in Motorola Photon 4G

I call Sprint tech support today and he did few changes to my account and to the phone. He also did reprovision like you talk about in your reply. He reorganized the whole thing on my account that he could or in any case that it appear. Not anything work and after that he recommended me to do a hard reset. So I did that and still that didnt work he hung up on me amazingly was not mad at him as I would also did the same thing. It was a new phone so there were no apps. So I downloaded Google voice once more and I was getting my text messages back thru Google voice, not with text app. SO I started messing with the Google voice setting. I don’t recognize what I did but later than I started getting texts thru Google voice and my mms app. So I figure since now I was receiving them from both I could perhaps stop one to see if it was still work on the extra. So I logged out of my google voice and luckily I’m still able to send and receive text messages thru my mms app. Can’t make out how long this will preceding but I expect it lasts for another two years. I actually like this phone and wish this is a dead issue and I don’t find anymore problem.

I also saw similar thread about proxy setting modify and msl code. May be you want to look at that that may help you to understand the problem

you guys are not alone I have been facing the same exact issue with my motorola photon for the past several week. when I notice my phone is quiet for more than a few hours I turn it off and turn it back on to find a huge array of messages. I updated the profiles ames others plenty of times. sprint try doing the exact same thing as mentioned above t. I go through phones like a hobby and I believe the photon hardware is at fault. it is a great phone but is the only 1 to experience is weird consistent problems. I think the ultimate best bet is going to my motorola forums themselves. I have a friend that said that we could reboot our phone daily root then switch to a rom that allows to lock the messaging app in memory. as stock android doesn't keep messaging app in memory so it doesn't always receive all messages when you reboot it repings the cell host for messages. I do have a copy of handcent so I think I'm going to disable text messaging and try to run on that time primarily, the concept doesn't seem likely, but worth a shot.

from the motorola forums I learned that google voice actually interferes with everything and removing it is actually helpful, but then again I never had it to begin with..
    Good luck everyone! even with problems the phone is so perfect and it would be a shame to lose it.