Thread: Storage Card Designation in Motorola Photon 4G

Storage Card Designation in Motorola Photon 4G

I got an issue with my Motorola Photon 4G with designating the internal storage and external storage . today when I moved one I was not able to locate the external storage only internal storage was available .even the apps like Apps2SD which move apps from phone to SD Card and vice versa also is showing the only internal storage not the external storage and the Photon's Storage it is showing my card size as 27.8 with space available at 27.8. I know this is not accurate because I make out I have installed MP3s and videos stored on it whereas I be able to view the contents of my real storage card using Astro, I am not capable to move apps as I have through my earlier Android phone Evo as a result, I am running beyond space

Anyone here does know how can I would be able to solve the issue as i had same problem with my tablet and script was capable to alter the designations to the accurate designation. Is there any script like this available or I have to wait time the problem solve

re: Storage Card Designation in Motorola Photon 4G

Do one thing just go to Settings then storage to the last option the last option choose your storage location. To whatever you want

As the majority phones do not have that amount of in-house developers to optimize their apps for this kind of circumstances. Their app will make out the internal memory as the SD card. Although you have a real SD card in your phone I have not found any accurate solution for this problem. However I'm presuming that the more devices that appear with larger amounts of internal storage, the developers will create to optimizing their apps for the choose of internal memory, or SD card. So may be above post will help you on this aspect

Absolutely right this is because of the developer’s way of creating the apps now days. However that won’t resolve the existing problem of not being capable to transfer it to the physical card.

I had a similar condition on my GTab. The simply way to repair this problem is code that actually changed the name of the internal storage and renaming the physical card sdcard. Sadly I think that would need to root. Subsequent the rules of the forum I won't dig into it more.

It is a embarrassment this won’t be repair. I love the phone, in spite of large internal capacity will have to find something else so that I can able to use card configuration as I think can be found in all other phones.

Agreed with you but do you know the phone that have the same feature that match with the Motorola proton 4G and which is not developed by the Android and does not have this problem I would like to know about this ,look just calm down and report this issue with the support and I am sure issue will be fixed on next update

Re: Storage Card Designation in Motorola Photon 4G

This is not the new issue only with Motorola Proton 4G but if you search the website you discover whole Samsung was build this way Galaxy S line then they even modify the identification system once more when updating from 2.1 to 2.2 however they all the time had internal storage as sdcard and external as somewhat else

Re: Storage Card Designation in Motorola Photon 4G

The actual setback is that developers are constructed app which don’t allow users to choose a path .they contain the same problem with Captivate a year ago. Stuff is getting well again, except some apps still just look to the folder titled sdcard.