Thread: Proximity sensor in Motorola photon 4G not working while on calls

Proximity sensor in Motorola photon 4G not working while on calls

Hello friends I have been having a problem with the Proximity sensor I have found that it has been not responding while I am on calls. Screen does not turn off, and I am constantly hanging up on people anyone over here can suggest me anything about it then please help me? I am waiting for some of yours experience and comments which would be helping me out.

Re: Proximity sensor in Motorola photon 4G not working while on calls

I was also having this problem in the beginning when I bought this phone and asked some of my friends for some help everyone suggested me that I need to format my SD card and then complete format to phone and then restore factory these are the basic solution which are obvious to be tried on any such problem and mostly these tricks are the most helpful one and sometime it creates the problem increase but mostly it would solve the problem just try it out and try all of them together.

One of my friend has this problem and then we emailed to the support of the Motorola and they just replied saying that this is an software issue and we need to update the software and we did that and it did solved my problem so I would be saying you to need to try the same solution and I would be hoping that this would be helping you in the same way. Just try it out once. Number of people has been facing this problem and I think that these problem is been solved by such solutions only while I was going through all the threads for this queries I found that all of them has been suggesting the same solution and then people has been solving there problem so after a good research I have been giving you the solution.

Hey I have been facing this problem and I think that this problem is because the Bluetooth when it has been used on the handset mode and this problem would be solved when you are not using the Bluetooth so I think that there is some problem with the Bluetooth driver in this phone and we need to update this phone and then the problem would be solved for sure.

Ok so I forgot to say that and I think that you are right this would be because of the Bluetooth I was thinking the same and I have been using the Bluetooth but can this problem really be because of the Bluetooth I wonder that and I am not able to believe this.

I don’t think that this is the problem of the proximity sensor and the proximity sensor is not at all bad because I have seen the response of this phone from many of the guys and so I don’t think that there is any problem with the sensor it works greatly and no problem at all. But I think that when you are using the Bluetooth headset at that time the problem arrives and it makes the phone’s sensor stops responding and the problem begins. So try to avoid Bluetooth till the new update is launched. And once the new update would be launched then the problem would be solve.

Can you take your phone to the service center and see if they can help you out of this because I think that they are the only one who can suggest you what to do in this case and how you can solve the problem.

What you can do is just simply stop using the Bluetooth headset and then just quietly wait for the new update which would be hope fully solving the entire problem and would be making things better. And I am searching for more reason which can be the culprit for these problems. And I don’t think that these are the problem which has been because of the android because android don’t have these problems in the other phone this is very tough to make out who has been the important culprit.

This is nice to see that you guys took interest to comment for my query and make this thread so important and this is a nice suggestion from you guys and I am sure that any guys who has been having a same problem as mine would have a nice time with this thread. And I dint knew that the Bluetooth would be the problem for this thing I have been loving to use the Bluetooth device very much so if you would be asking me to be away from it now then I won’t be liking this at all. Anyways let’s hope that the further version of the OS for this phone would be solving the problem.