Thread: Motorola Photon 4G Battery Life

Motorola Photon 4G Battery Life

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy Motorola Photon 4G for me and was wonder how is the battery life of the phone as my previous phone was little bit short on battery life as I was always keep many apps on trough out the day so I was wonder before getting on for me I will raise this question so any one here already have Motorola Photon 4G phone using can tell me how is the battery life of this phone how many account, or apps do you have running throughout the day I would be very gad if anyone help me on this regards

re: Motorola Photon 4G Battery Life

According to my knowledge I had found android to use additional battery life in the first few days, maybe getting all things synced and balanced or something like that. My phone I snow getting much better life than what other is seeing would be not wrong if I say it's no more than 5%/hour on standby when I use app like Yahoo!, Exchange, and Gmail syncing, plus Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. also syncing via push or other and perhaps enhanced. It's about 10%/hour in typical use but gaming reduce the battery life in more speed like I fully charged my battery on 7.30am and now it is like 11.45 am and my batteries still showing me more 80% of battery life on my phone though you can’t figure out what is the exact % of battery life is showing so my guess it is somewhere around 80% and 89% I hope Motorola changes this I've been using the phone on and off for email, Twitter, browsing, and a some calls, at worse that's 5% per hour use.

I make use of an app called JuiceDefender which actually helps the battery consumption during the idle times reduces my idle release to about 5% an hour, successfully doubling the time it can spend in my pocket

If you want to save the battery then follow somewhat I've prepared to save a little on battery apart from using JuiceDefender
    • Just turn off background data and downloading
    • Turn off 4G and WiFi if you are away from the coverage area not doing something big
    • modify the sync settings on your email and social networking apps to manual
    I follow this and it’s actually save lot of battery life in a day

All of this may sound a little awful, but I'm in fact pretty glad with the battery life on the Motorola Photon 4G on the whole. It's superior to the Triumph I had before it, and at least on equivalence with the Optimus V and my old iPhone 3GS. How is your phone doing?

One more tips that can help to save your battery life is turn off the location services from the location menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox28 View Post
    According to my knowledge I had found android to use additional battery life in the first few days, maybe getting all things synced and balanced or something like that. My phone I snow getting much better life than what other is seeing would be not wrong if I say it's no more than 5%/hour on standby when I use app like Yahoo!, Exchange, and Gmail syncing, plus Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. also syncing via push or other and perhaps enhanced. It's about 10%/hour in typical use but gaming reduce the battery life in more speed like I fully charged my battery on 7.30am and now it is like 11.45 am and my batteries still showing me more 80% of battery life on my phone though you can’t figure out what is the exact % of battery life is showing so my guess it is somewhere around 80% and 89% I hope Motorola changes this I've been using the phone on and off for email, Twitter, browsing, and a some calls, at worse that's 5% per hour use.
    Just like to tell you there are two apps that is available on the Android market that can help you to see the battery in 1% increments those are

• Battery Monitor widget
    • Circle Battery widget

I will recommend you Battery Monitor widget as it has ton of other info than Circle Battery widget

The widgets that you suggest I have already used , both of them and so far Battery Monitor widget report the same statistics as the phone, just jumped from 80% to 70% and with Circle Battery widget it’s showing 74%. Which is odd, as the phone itself switched from 80% to 70% So, is "70%" according to the phone really "75% Or is Circle Battery widget mistaken, and it's really 79%

And of course Yes, Motorola absolutely have to do something to be fix this . I require more accuracy in battery calculator

Re: Motorola Photon 4G Battery Life

Quote Originally Posted by Ceesar View Post
    The widgets that you suggest I have already used , both of them and so far Battery Monitor widget report the same statistics as the phone, just jumped from 80% to 70% and with Circle Battery widget it’s showing 74%. Which is odd, as the phone itself switched from 80% to 70% So, is "70%" according to the phone really "75% Or is Circle Battery widget mistaken, and it's really 79%

And of course Yes, Motorola absolutely have to do something to be fix this . I require more accuracy in battery calculator
    In Battery Monitor Widget there is a setting which allows app increments by 1%. If you open that app go to the menu button then settings then monitoring, and on the bottom you will see 1% increments. Click that box, and it will work al fine

Re: Motorola Photon 4G Battery Life

Thanks man that is one great information I never bother check the setting which I should have do on the start any ways thanks