Thread: Lost music files from Sansa clip

Lost music files from Sansa clip

I am having around 3 GB of the songs in my 4 gig Sansa Clip but I found some strange problem with that. When I try to play that then it shows me the message “No song”. When checked the songs folder then I found that it was empty. I checked the memory and it was stilled filled up. So that means that the songs are still in the memory and its hidden. So can somebody tell me that what is the problem with this and how it can be resolved. Please reply as early as possible.

Re: Lost music files from Sansa clip

There might be some virus in the memory card that you are using with the Sansa clip and that is the reason that it is hiding the files from the card. So what you can do is, just remove the card from it and then connect that to the computer with help of the memory card reader or some other medium and then format that completely. Again send songs to the card and then use that with the Sansa clip to see if that is working for you or not.

There is one trick that you can try with this and that is to connect that in the MSC mode and after that just delete the file named as mtable.sys from the root directory. Once you are done with that then unplug that and check if you get all the music back or not.

If you found that the folders on your clip is empty suddenly then make sure that this is not plugged into the computer for charging or you are transferring some music to that. This happens most of the times when it is charging or transferring some data. So if this is the case then it is not the bug. It is normal. So conform that first and then let us know about that so that we can give you some further information about solving this.

As you take your MP3 files to you then you can always put it in the player back to the PC and copy it back and give the MP3Tag least the information title, artist, album name. For a small number of files need to board the means ranging from Windows XP upwards. In XP, for example, right-click on the respective MP3 file - Properties - File Info - Advanced. There, at least grudge the above sources of information. And allow for future conversion to MP3 format used for the same program do the tasks, I am sure that this goes with it. Simply look through the options once. I often take the program CDex (easy to find via Google) to CDs to be read and convert them into MP3 format. There, the program point to the tags to be registered automatically "CDDB - from remote CDDB read" would mean. Thus, the free CDDB database and all information are entered automatically.

If none of the above solution helps you then you can go for the reset of the clip. But before doing this, you must ensure that you have tried with all the other possible solutions for this. Just press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and you will find that it will restart automatically. This will reset the clip and issue might be resolved after this.

Hey, I have already tried with that but resetting does not help me. I finally changed the memory card and found that the card was the culprit as it is running well with the new card. I hope it will help you.

Why don’t you contact the dealer from where you bought this and ask this question to them. They will tell you that what is the problem with this. But if you found that they are not very helpful then you can directly contact to the manufacturer and report them about this problem. That is the best place to put this question. They will let the issue resolved and if that is under warranty period then you will not be charged for that but if that is out of warranty period then they will charge for this but you will be out of this issue.

Those files might be hidden due to some reason. Anyway, forget about the reason, just connect the card with your computer and then open that drive. Now go to tools > folder option. From there you will have to select “view hidden files and folders”. Now select al the files from the card and deselect their property from hidden.

Sansa Clip: Memory full but empty podcast folder MUSIC Radio France (Rhythmbox) but appears correctly for other podcasts (bas.org this example). In fact with Radio France for over a month is PODCASTS file that fills the Sansa, while Nautilus says MUSIC.

If none of the solutions helps you then formatting and resending the songs on the card is the only option left for you and if that also shows the same thing then there is only one thing that you can do and that is to change the card.