Thread: Motorola photon 4G contact showing 30 identical accounts under each entry

Motorola photon 4G contact showing 30 identical accounts under each entry

Hello guys I am having a problem with the Motorola photon 4G contact I changed my phone and then tried to transfer all the contacts by the sprint and it was done nicely and it was even able to have the Gmail account also and it was successfully made in this phone too this was really nice but the problem started when I was trying to sync my contact list to the Gmail account, nothing was showing up in the gmail contacts when I logged in there from my desktop pc. And then when I was going through each of the contact list and then when I clicked to the edit contact option and then at the top of the entry it just listed with the Motorola service contact instead it has to have a edit contact option and there was around 30 to 40 identical entries been listed under the individual each one under the header of "Motorola Services contact" anyone over here can suggest me about this then please?

Re: Motorola photon 4G contact showing 30 identical accounts under each entry

Well there has been number of problem which has been faced by this phone and I think there is some problem with its OS and this would be solved only when there would be a new update for the OS. There has been so many complain I have been going through and I wonder that how many more problems would be there.

I have a complete solution for this problem just try out this and I would be hoping that this would be solving your problem.

1. First step would be just open dialer on your PRE or Pixi
    2. Now second step would be asking you to type ##66623# and then click on export.
    3. Now by this there would be a .vcf or a export file been created and the time would be depending on your contact list number.
    4. You need to connect your USB to your system and the PRE.
    5. Now you need to click on the USB drive on the PRE to mount on your system.
    6. And once it would be mounted on your system and then open windows explorer and the palm pre.
    7. You got to find the folder called temp and then open it.
    8. There you would get PmMigration file.
    9. Drag this file to the document folder on your computer and then if you have one of them.
    10. Now use this file to import all the contacts into the Gmail.
    11. And once you are done with this then just eject it from your palm pre and then safely remove the hardware and then disconnect the pre.
    Hope this would solve your problem.

The suggested steps do work fine I have also worked over this step and this does works fine may be you won’t be successful in the first time then just try it out one or two time with the perfect steps and I am sure you would get the solution.

I think that you should not had re activated your account. Now as your contacts have been dealing with I would be suggesting you to have them on your previous phone. Now export them from your phone and then just try to import them to the gmail account. Now you need to use the gmail to de-dupe them. After you have done that your gmail account should be added to your phone and then you should have a clean copy of it. And when they would be imported at the store the store might be importing them with the Motorola address book with many number of time. I hope that this would be giving yous oem idea.

Hey guys thanks you so much for helping me out of this and all the comments a very much appreciated and i was wondering that you guys would be able to help me out very easily and this would be the best deal, because i had a complete idea about having a nice deal with you so thanks for helping me out again.