Thread: Requesting Motorola to release source code of Motorola Photon 4G

Requesting Motorola to release source code of Motorola Photon 4G

As necessary by law under the GPL we are excitedly look forward to the release of the Photon 4G's source code. It would also be favorable if Motorola could inform about this on the official site to catalog the Photon 4G under Android Projects. It’s a pretty nice phone and we developers are keenly anticipate to see what's under the hood so how about will it possible to release the source code as fast as possible thanks

Re: Requesting Motorola to release source code of Motorola Photon 4G

I thinks the source code is already been released but actually I can’t locate the exact location where I can find it if you got that please post the location I am very excited

As far as I know the truth is Actually Google preferred the Apache Software License above GPL so that dealer would not have to make public proprietary code. You can search that on the website

I suppose the only piece of Android so as to be under the GPL license is the kernel and may be that is not altered, is already available from Google.

I have come across one article that suggested me that there is no actual pressure on the Google regarding release of honeycomb source so I am not surprised is it why the same would not relate to Motorola.

There does appear to be some argument concerning Android and its addition of GPL this problem is far from settled.

I know this that is why the original advertisement has only asked to release of the code that is licensed under the GNU (General Public License) Particularly the reason why the Linux kernel source code from Motorola is significant is because the developer community require to reconstruct the original build environment to be able to compile drivers for instance one popular module is tun.ko, used for set up VPN connections to commercial networks with the Cisco AnyConnect software.

What particularly are you asking for I am not able understand please clear that I'll see what I can do. It would be posted on

We are asking for the Motorola Photon 4G to be added open source Motorola website and to release the source code for the Linux kernel specifically licensed under the GNU General Public License
    And if know where is they taking requests for boot loader’s unlocked or an downloadable update to unlock the boot loader I would be very glad to know this

we are particularly request for the Linux kernel source + build environment, in addition to that whatever other GPL software is involved in the system. mainly if you look at what the Moto Atrix 4G has, we want that too.

This should be done first as the . HTC is leading the charge and so is Samsung in contribution unlocked bootloaders so the Motorola proton 4G must be unlocked future Motorola devices the bootloader we will need the Linux kernel source and build environment

I have came across the post where the support state
    • That the Photon 4g be added to opensource being worked on
    • That all source code licensed under the GPL be released to the public being worked on
    • Unlocked bootloaders. Well im not so much concerned with this one since its already obtainable but that is not solely up to Motorola

Do you have seen any time frame mention there as being worked on is an unclear that implies no definite resolution and what we are seeking is a resolution?

No time fame is mentioned but I am sure that it been It's actively being worked on