Thread: Motorola photon 4G: GSM Global Data only possible with Sprint SIM

Motorola photon 4G: GSM Global Data only possible with Sprint SIM

I think that the GSM global Data is supposed to be unlocked for both Voice and Data. But right now what I can see is I can use any Pre-Paid GSM carrier SIM Card for Voice and it has been only locked for the Data. What’s wrong with it? Can anyone tell me about this and has anyone else found the same problem then please suggested me something.

Re: Motorola photon 4G: GSM Global Data only possible with Sprint SIM

Hello friend I think I have got a solution for you and I hope that this would be giving you some hint for this problem. Ok so what I would be saying is that if you have been trying to use it for the Data then you need to setup a appropriate APN and this is for the Vodaphone anyways here is the setting and I would be hoping that this would solve your problem.
    APN address: internet
    Username: web
    Password: web
    MCC: 234
    MNC: 15
    Try it out and I am hoping that this would be giving you some hint.

I am having some problem which looks same. I am having a problem whenever I am trying to send or receive the MMS and I have also saw that whenever I am trying to change the MCC or MNC to the one which has not been recognized and then try to save the setting the apn just gets disappeared. If I am getting an image that has been sent to me and when I am clicking on the link then it says that the data has been disabled when everything has been turned on. I am able to surf and suddenly sometime I get a message like there is no internet access and there have been so many problems which has been looking to be unsolved from longtime and what we can do is keep trying with number of steps and then hope the manufacturers to do something regarding this.

This is a weird problem I have been using the same phone and haven’t faced any such problem don’t know why you all are been having so much trouble why don’t you contact to the service center I am sure that they would be helping you out ot this.

This has been a problem with almost all of them who has been using this phone and one of the main reason why I got this phone was that I have been a world phone and it would be working anywhere in the world and as I have been moving around many countries many time. And I just wanted to get rid of all those problem which I has been facing because of the continuous change in the sim cards when I am going out and I thought that this phone would be solving my problem but this phones have been having there own problem so many time and we can only hope for the problems to get solved.

Hey guys thank you very much and I am very thankful to you guys that this has been a good deal to get helped from you all because you guys have a very easy way to help out very nicely and then have a simple solution which can be understood by the newbie’s too and it helps to get the problems solved nicely. And thanks again for helping me out.