Thread: Ringtones not working fine with Motorola Photon 4G

Ringtones not working fine with Motorola Photon 4G

I am having so many problem with my Motorola Photon 4G having a ringtone, I mean that I had a custom ringtone for my Smartphone and this was running fine until yesterday when I got a call and suddenly I got a default ringtone again and this was very annoying when I was not able to change it again whenever I tried to fix the selected ringtone the call was ringing on the default ringtone itself please help me?

Re: Ringtones not working fine with Motorola Photon 4G

I am using this phone and I have no problem with any of the stuff and ringtone problem is a problem which I have not even though of ever and this should not be a problem actually because this is a problem which has been rarely been found in any of the phone. Anyways when you have been getting this problem I would be asking you to stick to the basic and try out all the thing which we normally do like remove your battery and keep it away for some time and then insert it again and if not this that then remove the sim card memory card and everything and then insert it after some 15 20 minute and see if you are been helped if not that then format everything and then see I am sure this would be helping you out.

The above poster is right that this is a weird problem not many of them has been facing this problem but still may be we don’t know many of them who might have been facing this problem or wouldn’t have been able to reach till here, anyways what I would be saying is this must be some virus problem in your phone just format your SD card and I am sure that the problem would be solved.

Factory resetting have you tried that, this has been the best solution for all such silly problem and I have been solving such problem with factory resetting only and I would be hoping that this would solve yours too.

Hey I have this problem and this problem was solved by the factory resetting itself because this is the problem with the directory not the phone and this would also been done with the Sdcard formatting and I have found guys suggesting that and it is actually a right solution to solve this problem now my phone has been working absolutely fine and the ring tone and all has been working nice.And such problem is very irritating I know and they need to be solved out quickly or many of the things get weird when we try to solve this problem. So I would be saying don’t keep trying weird thing about which you don’t have any idea only try the suggestion which has been suggested.

I think that you guys don’t know that there have been different ringtones for the android phone and this can be the problem too, and the second thing I would be saying is just look out for the ringtones path is it saved in memory card or in the phone. This would be giving you some idea. And I would be saying that the right place where you need to store your ringtones are SD card or any external card and then the things would be fine.

From where such problems arrived in android? I have been using this phone from longtime and haven’t saw any problem with this OS or any of the phone I think that this is the problem with the Phone itself and this is the bug in this phone and this needs to be solved from the manufacturer just comment it to them I mean just mail them about it on their genuine site and then see if they can help you out.And I wonder that such problems have really begun in the phone now? And if yes than this would be a problem which would be very annoying but this is a silly problem I know and can be solved in no time by the manufacturers but still before this problem gets into much they need to care for it a lot.

If you can contact to the service center that would be the best way to solve the problem this would be solved over there just ask them and see if they have been having any guys who have came up with the same problem and have they solved this problem.

Are you using the stock file manager which has been in the application tray and then you would be able to see the internal memory and may be the SD card and then you don’t be needing this into the system directory. Now all those media, audio, ringtone, notification from the root internal memory which means not inside any of the folder and the same on the sd card. So I think you need to use the sd card ringtones. And if you have all this stuffs out of the memory card then you need to copy it to the right place.

well I have been trying the trouble shooting as you have said but I am not able to find any help with this because I am not able to copy anything so please tell me how to copy all those stuffs.

Ok so I would be suggesting my personal view over this and it would be like if you have been suing the files in the application tray then you can browse to the files you want and then press the menu button and then multi select the option and then you need to select the file which ever you want and then select it copy it and then move it. After all this you need to press to back soft button which would be between the home and the search button. After that you need to go to the folder which you want to copy and move files to the and select paste.

Oh that's nice too see so many of you guys have been commenting to my thread and they are all a good suggestion and though i wasn't expecting so many of you to comment of this there and i dint even knew that there are special ring tones for the android i would be downloading them after some time and would be hoping that it would be working and i have one more trick that i would be trying the same ringtone in ma dad's android phone and see if it is working over there and not working in me then there is some problem with my phone.