Thread: Sansa Clip takes long time to refresh

Sansa Clip takes long time to refresh

Recently, I have inserted the 8GB MicroSD card in my 2GB Clip+ which was about 80% full. But the problem is that it takes about 10 to 15 minutes for refreshing and that is showing me message as “Refreshing your media”. I need to refresh that all the times as I add some songs or anything to that. I am using the mp3tag for eliminating every tag as of my songs apart from for Artist, Title and Album. Is there any way by which I can make the refreshing process a bit faster. I have tried by all the possible solutions for this that I know but none of that was useful to me. Please help me with this.

Re: Sansa Clip takes long time to refresh

You have not mentioned that what are the things that you have tried till now. Refreshing normally takes some time and that is totally depend on the number of the songs that you are having in your card. Anyway, if you feel that it is taking more time then you can try to reset it. Many of the similar issues get resolved with this and I hope that it will work for you as well.

There is no need to reset the device. As you are using 8 Gb card with that then this means that you are having many songs in it and so it will obviously going to take some time to all them to the list. So, don’t worry about that. It is normal.

If the player that you are using is completely frozen and this is not just for the time while updating the database then it may lead to dead battery and you should not wait for that. The best thing that you can do is to press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds and after that will reset the Sansa to its factory settings. Once that is completed with the reset process then it will restart automatically and you will be out of the issue.

When reading an 8GB MicroSD card fully filled the download procedure takes a little longer (about 3-5 minutes, with a SanDisk class 2 card 5 minutes, with a Transcend 8GB (Class 6) 3 minutes, both filled the same). This is probably because some songs that bring needless ID3 tags that I even on occasion with EasyTAG should go through, especially since this happens every time one changes his songs or intrudes a new card. This incidentally is sitting firmly in the housing and engages realized without significant edge. This is for the model that I have seen otherwise. The USB port is exposed by the way, and is not protected by a cap.

There might be some problem with the memory card that you are trying to use with that. So if you want to ensure that then you can try by changing the memory card with some other one and see if you are getting the same thing. If that is working great with other memory then the problem I with the card and you will have to replace the card.

I found that the navigation is quite fast by the hand (right click -> menu level down, left click -> menu level up) and indexed together internal and external memory. Fortunately, there is a folder function, if you like me who has not yet updated ID3 tags. There, the file names are displayed (or ID3-tags, if present) and the files sorted in alphabetical order, long names scroll across the display (not in the adjustable speed). Thanks to the menu item "delete title" one is able to remove, unwanted songs without a PC, that's my right and noticed a fine thing. Who listens podcasts or audio books, find the appropriate folder pre-stored.

If that is under warranty period and you feel that this is faulty then you can simply take that to the dealer from where you bought this and ask them about the problem. They will guide you in the right direction in order to get this problem resolved. This is the only thing that I can suggest you and hope that it will be resolved soon.

I want to inform you that the Rockbox still utilizes the OF for USB on the Clip+ seeing that its USB driver still has a great deal of pain with Windows (strangely it works decently well with Linux despite some obviously weighty bugs). In view of that you'd still need to boot into the OF presently, in spite of the fact that forasmuch as you don't in reality ought to utilize the OF's database, you are able to hold capacity for 20 seconds to top all DB revive times to no something greater than 20 seconds

If you wish to have the ability to enter those songs as your gathering songs, you might do it by utilizing MP3Tag to update their classification to "gathering" then you would be able to play by classification with the database.