Thread: Sansa Clip+ is not working with 16gb Micro SD

Sansa Clip+ is not working with 16gb Micro SD

I am trying to use one samsung 16gb Micro SD card with my Sansa Clip+ but the problem is that this is not working with the 16gb Micro SD card. Actually, when I inserted that to the MP3 player directly then it stuck on the message as refreshing. This is very strange. To get this problem resolved, I tried by formatting the card with the help of the SDFormatter but that also not helped me and I am with the same thing. I have set the player to auto detect USB, I tried by putting that to the MTC but that also gives me the same result. Can somebody please help me with this? I hope that I will get the answer for this soon.

Re: Sansa Clip+ is not working with 16gb Micro SD

If the samsung 16gb Micro SD card is not working for you then the best thing that you can do is to return that to the place from where you bought that and after that get the SanDisk 16gb Micro SD Card. I am using the same and that is running without any problem. So I believe that it will do the same for you.

I would like to tell you that if you are using the new Sansa player then many of the times the ports and the slots are a bit tight. So while you insert the card in then you must hear the two faint clicks and this indicates that the card is fitted properly in the slot for the card. When you inserted the card in then check that if the outer edge of the card is flush otherwise just about the right of the player.

I am not very sure about this but if you want then you can try by resetting the player and see if that is able to get this problem resolved or not. It is very simple to do that. If you want to reset that then you will just have to press and hold the power button for about 20 to 30 seconds and when you do that then it will automatically get reset and it will restart. When it restarts then you will have to reapply the latest firmware as the previous one might be corrupted. But if this is still under warranty then the best thing that you can do is to contact to the dealer of the player and ask them for the same. I think that he is the best person to help you in such condition. Good Luck!!!

The Samsung 16 GB card that you are trying to use might be corrupted and so you are getting that problem. So just try to use some other card with this layer and see if that is working properly or not. It will confirm that the problem is with the card or the player.

Do you have some files on the card? If that is trued then you will have to remove those files from the card. Make the card completely empty and after that try to use that blank to see if that is working. This can be one of the possible reasons for this as those files might be creating problem for the player to read the card. There might be something wrong with the files. So if none of the solutions helps you then this is the best to give a try. In my case, I am having Sandisk 16GB microsd card within my 4GB Clip+ but that is not showing me any problem with that. I have a lot of the audio mp3 files in that card and that is not showing me any problem with that.

Have you tried to connect the clip under the USB MSC mode? You can set that from the settings.

This is a somewhat fragile operation on account of the size of the mechanism. The least demanding gameplan to repair the reciprocity is to uproot the slat from the plastic case to guarantee you don’t blaze the case with the soldering press. Make sure to dismember it over a table or domain with an expansive surface.