Thread: Is there any option in Motorola Photon 4G to turn on/off 3G?

Is there any option in Motorola Photon 4G to turn on/off 3G?

Here I have a question about my Motorola Photon 4G and I want to share it here, so that I can get some help. I want to know that is there any option in Motorola Photon 4G to turn 3G on or off? I want to know this because, my 3G is not turning back on and because there is not any switch for it therefore I had to hard reset my phone. I think there should be a dedicated switch for turning 3G on or off. If any of you know that there is any option for this in Motorola Photon 4G, then please reply.

Re: Is there any option in Motorola Photon 4G to turn on/off 3G?

I was also searching for this option in my Motorola Photon 4G. I want an option so that I can turn off the data connectivity and still want to be able to receive my phone calls. If there is any such option then please reply and it’s a bit urgent.

So, you want to kill cell data and still want to be able to receive phone calls and text messages. Here is a solution for this. If you want to do this then first go to settings and then in battery and data manager there you can found data delivery, in that uncheck the option data enabled. This will kill your cell data and you will be to make and receive voice calls. I think this is what you are looking for. If you get any further problem then reply again.

I have the same problem as the Abhi-Shake is having. When I got this phone, on the second day itself I lost 3G. Initially I thought reason behind this is a Sprint Outage due to Irene, but when I called Sprint, after around 5 days, then they walked me through resetting my data profile, but that didn’t made any help. At the end said the tech said that they have got multiple problems about this intermittent problem with signals, therefore I should return it to the store and get replaced my phone. After I finished the call, I thought of doing a factory reset. After factory reset I got 3G back but I don’t know how long it will be.

So, you want to say that you talked with a Sprint representative and he said that they know that batch of Photon devices have this issue? By the way, thanks for sharing this here.

Yes, when I called them second time at the end of day then they told me that they were getting many calls for the same issue with their photon device therefore they are thinking that the problem with the 3g signals is a issue with a batch of photon device. They told me to return my Motorola Photon 4G to store for a replacement. They were little surprised about that the 4g worked and 3g didn’t worked. However, after a hard reset I got back my 3g signal.

I saw in many other sites and there many users of Motorola Photon 4G were posting that Sprint representatives are just clueless about any complaints about this issue in Photon devices and they were not aware of that this is an issue with bulk of photon devices. But, because you are saying so, I think they are now understood that this issue is not with few devices, maybe because they are getting many calls and now some information dissemination going on there. By the way it is really a good news that they finally believed that they have got a batch of photon devices.

I have found an application named JuiceDefender which can help all of you for turning on/off 3g. If you want to enable 3g then you can do that just by tapping the app in the notification bar, or another thing which you can do it is, configure it to automatically turn 3g on when one or more than one application are used, you can choose those application by yourself. Price of this application is also not very high. After you have downloaded this app, you can put an icon on your home screen for manually turning 3g on off. So, I would suggest you to download this app if you want an option in your Motorola Photon 4G to manually turn on/off 3G.

Thanks for suggesting this to us. I found JuiceDefender very useful application for manually turning 3g on or off. But, I think it would be better if they have included in a widget in Motorola Photon 4G to turn 3g on or off manually as they have included for 4G, Bluetooth, GPS and Wi-Fi. I don’t like that after buying such expensive phone also we have to rely on some other apps to get such an important option to be available in our phone.