Thread: Audible audiobook files(.aa) fails to play when transferred from MAC on clip+

Audible audiobook files(.aa) fails to play when transferred from MAC on clip+

I am not able to play Audible files which i have transferred to it from Mac it is appearing as "unknown"but when i am connecting it to MAC i am vary well able to view the audible file but unfortunately my clip+ is not playing them i have tried formatting it and have also used dot_clean command but nothing seems to be working at all.Is there any one having a idea about it and can help me yo sort out this problem.Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: Audible audiobook files(.aa) fails to play when transferred from MAC on clip+

Even i an not able to play any of my audiobooks on my 4GB Sansa Clip+ mu most of the files are of Audible format 4 and some which i have added from CD's but none of it is playing my device is showing them as 'unknown' and when i click on any track as well i am welcomed with the same message i have already tried putting the Audible ones in the Audible folder but even it doesn't helps.any help suggestion regarding this????

Re: Audible audiobook files(.aa) fails to play when transferred from MAC on clip+

As far as my knowledge the Audible files are sometimes protected by the DRM and if that the issue in your case you have can use the Audible Manager if you have it in your PC or you can just download it you may easily get it at the Audible website this Audible Manager will help you to transfer the audible files at ease and could also help you to solve your problem as well you can just give it a try.Hope it works for you.

You can also try to use MTP mode as well because the DRM-encrypted files sometimes require the MTP mode in order to transfer the licensing & permission info which allow the audible files to be played on your player but if it doesn't works then try playing it MSC mode which is generally used in player like "Sansa" when the audible files are transferred to it from Mac.Try both the solution one will surely solve your problem.Best of luck.

I think your Clip + has might not be authorized by audible and it basically doesn't get authorized just by downloading the .aa files from iTunes so what you can do is try connecting it to a computer having windows operating system and change your USB setting to "Auto Detect"(Settings > System Settings > USB Mode > Auto Detect) and then download the Audible Download Manager and then Download any of your books from the Audible site while doing this you might be asked for a Audible password in order to authorize your device but this act installs a small file on your player which will help you to authorize it and all the other .aa files as well which will later solve your problem.

All of you facing this problem don't have to do any thing then just downloading the Audible Manager from a Audible website which will authorize your device and you wont face the same problem again.I was experiencing the same problem yesterday and it was really solved by the Audible Manager.Best of luck guys.

It so unprofessional that the Sandisk are publishing their literature of the product without trying to make it very "CRYSTAL CLEAR" as the "Audible audiobooks" are not just not compatible with their product.I wish they would have made the things easier for their user.