Thread: Notification lights are not working properly in Motorola Photon 4G

Notification lights are not working properly in Motorola Photon 4G

I recently got Motorola Photon 4G, and I think it has got nice features but I have got one problem with its notifications lights. They are not working properly. They are not working in the way, as mentioned in the manual, while charging or while using Bluetooth. They work properly for the messages and emails but they don’t work properly when I put them on charging or when I use Bluetooth. I think it is a problem with my device. So, is there any work around for this issue? Please, reply.

Re: Notification lights are not working properly in Motorola Photon 4G

I didn’t understand your problem clearly. Can you describe it little more, like what exactly your phone is doing? Is the notification lights are not turning on or is it blinking or anything else? It will be little easier for us to understand your issue if you will reply with little more information.

According to what mentioned in the manual, the notification light is supposed to turn blue while Bluetooth is being used and it is supposed to turn white while the device is
    being charged. But my notification lights are not behaving in this way. They are working properly for emails and messages. I feel it little weird. Is this is fine or my phone is really defective. I want know this from you people. And also, is there anyone else who is having the same problem?

Now I can understand your issue. But, one more thing I want to know that which manual did you read? The one which came along with your phone or the Google android?

I read all those information from the Sprint manual which is on the Motorola website. I think my phone should work according to that manual.

My phone is also doing the same but I didn’t have read that manual therefore I thought it is normal. If you are saying that this is written in the manual then I will also check that thing in the manual. And if it really mentioned in the manual that the notification light should turn blue while using Bluetooth and white while charging

I will also check that in the manual. In my Motorola Photon 4G notification lights is always green, it doesn’t changes to any other color. The green color is barely visible for me on my phone. Before this I was using HTC Here the model T of androids. And in that phone the led was brighter and clearly visible then this phone. In addition to that my previous phone also had the function so that you can set different colors for different people, but, in Motorola Photon 4G there is no control for the led and because it is not clearly visible and doesn’t changes its color therefore for me the notification lights are useless. But in other ways, I would have to say that this phone is really better.

I have passed the detail of this issue to the Motorola. They were looking into some things. I think they will make any work around for this because they were looking very responsive, though I am not very sure that they will do anything for this or not, but if they will release any fix for this then I will defiantly share that fix on this forum.

I recently went through the whole manual which was provided by Sprint/Motorola. The thing you are discussing about was on page no 20. The notification lights are really not working in the way as mentioned in the manual. I think, Sprint and Motorola were not in Sync when they were drafting and preparing the manual. I think so because, what manual states about when and how the notification lights are supposed to appear are totally inaccurate. I think they should notice it now.

I have a temporary work around for this thing, though it is not a complete fix, but for now you can use it, till you get a complete fix. I found an application ‘Light Flow’ which can get functionality of notification light to be working. This application enables you to play around with various configuration settings for the notification lights. With this app you can also change the colors and other things for the led notification light. I will suggest you to first try the free version of this app to see whether it works for your phone or not?
    I will suggest development team at Motorola to look at the code which is used by this app (Light Flow) because, this app has something to make notification light working and it should be in their phone also. Because, many people rely on notification lights, especially the business people who rely on their phone for their work. If they will look at this app then I think they can get a remedy for this issue and they can implement some features for notification lights in there next releases.

I have been using this application (Light Flow) from last few days and I found it working for this phone, but the LED is just too small and dim and therefore, for me it is really useless. I think Motorola team should rework on this phone and redesign it with a larger and more brighter LED so that it can be of any use.

I also downloaded Light Flow from Android Market and I found that this app really works on Motorola Photon 4G. It has functionality for changing the colors of notification light. This app is really very useful for me, because, I was fed up wearing out the power button to wake up the phone just to check whether a new message has came. Though Light Flow app is a work around for this issue, but it doesn’t feels good to have to download an application to make my expensive device to work properly. There should be a built in app for these functions.