Thread: Motorola photon 4g reboots when making a call

Motorola photon 4g reboots when making a call

I have recently bought a sprint photon 4g mobile phone. I like this phone and it is working absolutely fine. But since yesterday I am having problems while making call. When I try to call someone, my phone reboots. I don’t know why this happening. I am really very annoyed. When I use the speaker option I have noticed that the sound is broken. I had three phones and I have faced the same issue on all the three phones. When sometimes I am making a call, the phone isn’t connecting and is getting hanged. I would like to hear from people regarding this. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Motorola photon 4g reboots when making a call

I would like to know that did you install the same application on all the three phones. I think this really very bad for the Motorola if three photon phones are having same issue. I think the company would be very disappointed after hearing this.

I would suggest you to download the latest firmware for your phone. Go on the internet and get the latest firmware downloaded. Once you get it downloaded, install it in your phone and see how it works. I hope this helps. I have seen that such issues are resolved just by updating the firmware. To download this, I would suggest you to visit the Motorola official site.

I think you should try the factory settings in your phone. Go to Settings-->Privacy menu. I hope this will help you out. If it doesn’t then I would like to hear from you again in future so that I can help you with some other solution and effectively.

I suspect that there is some serious issue with your mobile operating system. I think you should try to format the operating system and load a new one or a fresh copy of os back again. I would suggest you to take your phone to the near hardware shop and let the person concerned guide you regarding the issue. You can also try going to the manufacturer shop from where you had purchased the phone.

I have the same issue with Motorola photon 4g. It reboots when I am trying to make a phone call. It happened everyday randomly. I went to sprint service center and the tech reset it but it still has the same problem. I will come back to Sprint again for service. FYI. I will update this post soon I have more info.

have you recently l;installed some new app in that? If yes that that might be the culprit for this issue. So what you can do is, just uninstall that from your phone and restart it. Now try to make call and see if that is showing you the same thing again.

I just want to let you all know that this issue is a huge one an is pluaging many Photon 4G owners including myself. I have looked heavily into it and found that WIFI being on contibut's to the issue. I am currently going to catch it on video and post it and send the link to Motorola to get a replacement. Since I have never been on this site before I will try and remember to post the link to video and outcome here when I get it done. If not you can catch me on the android forums in the Photon section or XDA.

There were people with Motorola photon 4g mobile phone who doesnt seem to have this restart problem with their phones, but there were those who were suffering from similar issues. It seems to me that motorola released a bunch of corrupted mobile phones which were having restart issues. So it will be better to get a RMA for same unless a firmware fix is not released for this issue.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hi guys I had exactly the same problem here is what I did : I reset to factory settings ... It was working ok until I install photoshop app .. As son as I installed it the problem start again .. I reset my cell phone again and install all my apps but not photoshop and is been two weeks and no problem ... I hope it does help

My cellphone used to restart when trying to make a call before ... Good look ...