Thread: On startup 8 GB sansa clip freezes

On startup 8 GB sansa clip freezes

I have recently purchased an 8 GB sandisk sansa clip for myself. I like to hear music and I really like my portable device very much. Yesterday I tried to turn on my clip but it didn’t turn on. It got freeze on the startup screen. I have tried connecting to the computer also but still it didn’t get ON. I have tried doing many things but nothing has worked for me so far. Any suggestions regarding this issue would be highly appreciated. Has anybody faced such kind of problem? Thank you in advance

Re: On startup 8 GB sansa clip freezes

I think there could be some corrupted file in your. There could have been some bad file in your computer already. You must have connected your clip with the computer via usb and transferred few files here and there. In that process I think some corrupted file must have got entered into your clip, which is creating this mess. I would suggest you to reset the clip and see what happens. I hope it works.

It is necessary that your computer detects the clip first. Turn it off and hold the center button until the computer recognizes the clip. Once the clip is recognized, right click the clip icon and format it. You will find the format option once you right click. After formatting I hope the problem gets resolved.

Well I am facing the same issue mate. Currently the condition is like I cannot do anything with it. No buttons are functioning. My clip is totally dead. I checked the battery but it is fine. I even tried to format but nothing happened. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I tried to format but let me tell you that sometimes this issue won’t just get solved by only formatting. There is a patch kind of thing that you might have to look for. You can just google on the internet and search for the sansa patch. I would recommend you to download that patch and extract it to the root directory of the clip. Install it in the sansa clip.

I think there is some firmware code corruption issue that you are facing. I would probably suggest you to download the firmware. Then install it. I think reapplying the firmware might resolve the issue. Let know if the problem persists so that I can give a better solution to you to resolve the issue of yours. But as far as I think it should get resolved by doing this. I would like to wish you all the best. You can reply to me in the next post.

I think you should look on the internet for this problem. You can search on many forums where you might get some assistance.

You also could try running a Windows error check (chkdsk) on the Clip drive. For that just right click on the Clip drive from Windows>> choose Properties>> got to error checking option. Also try to reset the clip once.

I think there is some problem with your micro sd card. I think you should remove that card and format it. After formatting it try to put in and try to turn on the clip. I hope it works. If it doesn’t then the only thing I think you should do is you should sell it off.

I think you should contact the sansa technical support to help you out. They are experts and ask them to solve your issue. If there is some serious problem then ask them to let you know. You can also get it replaced if your clip is in warranty period.

Well let me tell you that even I had used sansa clip music player before. My experience with sansa clip hasn’t been very good. I have had 4 problems in 2 months. I was really very annoyed with this and so finally I decided to sell it off. Currently I am using an iphone and I am much satisfied with it. I would suggest you to better sell it off. You can also go to many forums on the internet and check about the sansa clip. You will find that this player has many problems associated with it.