Thread: Sandisk Cruzer is not getting recognized by Windows 7

Sandisk Cruzer is not getting recognized by Windows 7

I bought a new cruzer 4GB 2.0 Flash Drive and it used to get recognized on both by xp and vista operating system and i was very well able to transfer file from my computer to it and vice-versa but now when i am trying it with windows 7 machine it gives me a error saying that your driver software was not installed successfully? i have came across this problem for the first time though i am using the same cruzer since 4 months.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Sandisk Cruzer is not getting recognized by Windows 7

I think your cruzer is incompatible with windows 7 you need to have the latest update which will reconfigure your device as two removable partitions rather than that of cdrom and a removable partition this configuration will have to solve the windows 7 compatibility issue so you can try either of this solution either go to settings>auto run> and install the launcher or just launch u3 manually and try it.

You can also try the following solution:
    • Make a complete uninstall.
    • Just go regedit and look for vid_0782(vendor id)
    • Delete all vid_0781 if you come across any.

you might been asked for permission to delete it so in case if it asks authorize yourself and then proceed and when you are done with it restart you computer and check whether if its working now.

Even i am facing the same problem and i have tried all the possible ways by now bUt nothing seems to be working i have already tried almost all the solution and suggestions that i had on forums in order to sort out this problem but nothing worked yet and now i thing my cruzer is simply dead with my important data in it.But if someone thinks there might be some settings to be changed then any suggestion will be appreciated.

I was experiencing the same problem quite a few days back but what i did is downloaded a free partitioning software named "EASEUS" which was able to see the usb stick and then i wiped off all the data partitioning to a FAT32 and after o did so my windows was able to detect it as a empty drive and then i made a Kubuntu startup disk and now its working fine though the process took along time but at the lat it was worth waiting.

As far as my knowledge it uses usbstor.sys, disk.sys, and partmgr.sys which are are native to the OS because of which you don't have to install anything as they are all already located in your system32/drivers folder.Before i suggest you any more just check in to the device manager and tell me how the drive is been shoe there or what icon is it showing but if you want you can go for the uninstalling and then reinstalling it again.

I am having a Seagate external hard drive which is connecting successfully via the same USB port but i just want to know How to install the driver as I have tried doing it through the device manager and have manually selected to install USB Mass Storage Device driver as well but it says that Window has found a driver software for your device but has encountered an error during the installation and system cannot find the file specified and later it just says to contact the manufacturer.Is there any other way to sort this out?

As far as i know manually installing it wont help as your drive works well on the other computers the reason that could be causing it might be the U3 which you get it preinstalled and if you have tried uninstalling the u3 on other pc and if the drive works then there might be something seriously wrong with it and if its in the warranty period as the sandisk basically offers you a 30 day time then get it replaced.