Thread: Not able to run game in alienware m11x-r2 with NVidia Optimus

Not able to run game in alienware m11x-r2 with NVidia Optimus

Hello friends I have Alienware m11x-r2 laptop and I have recently done clean install of the windows 7 ultimate and after that when I try to play any game in my laptop at that time I get error. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. if anyone facing the same problem then please help me what should I do to solve this issue.

Re: Not able to run game in alienware m11x-r2 with NVidia Optimus

first thing I would like ask you is are you getting this problem with any specific game in your Alienware m11x-r2 or you are getting this problem while trying to play any other game also. First install any other game and then check whether you are able to solve the problem or not.

If after installing any other game in your Alienware m11x-r2 lapotp ou are not facing any issue then I think there is something wrong with the game which you are trying to play. may be something went wrong while installing the game and that is why you are facing problem and to solve this issue I will suggest you to first uninstall the game from your Alienware m11x-r2 laptop and after uninstalling the game you have to restart the laptop. now after restarting the laptop you have to install the game and after installing the game in your laptop you have to try to launch the game again and after that check whether you are able to start the game or not.

After that also if you are facing the same problem then you have to also check whether any background application such as firewall or antivirus is causing this problem. Disable the antivirus and firewall in your laptop and after disabling both you have to try to launch the game again and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

Thank you for giving me quick replies. after referring your replies I have first installed one more game in my laptop and after that when I have tried to play the game at that time also I get the same issue. I have also tried to launch the game after disabling the firewall and antivirus software in my laptop and after doing that also I was getting the same problem.

If anyone have solution regarding this issue then please help me. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well as far as I know some time because of the drivers issue also this type of the problem can take place and that is why I would like to tell you that try to solve this problem by reinstalling the graphic drivers in your laptop and after reinstalling the graphic drivers in your Alienware m11x-r2 laptop your problem will get solved.

there was similar problem occurred In my Alienware laptop and after that I have tried to search the solution on the internet and after trying so many different solution also I was getting the same problem. After that I have also tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the graphic drivers in my laptop but after uninstalling the graphic drivers and installing it again in my laptop also I was still getting the same problem. After that I have visited the official website of the Alienware and from there I have downloaded the latest drivers for Alienware m11x-r2 and after downloading the drivers I have installed that drivers in my laptop. Now after installing the drivers I have restart the laptop and after that when I have tried to play the game at that time It worked fine. I think you should also try this solution and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you want to download the latest graphic drivers for your laptop then you can download it from Dell website and you can also download it from Nvidia website.

To download the graphic drivers from the Dell website you have to click here DOWNLOAD button and after that install it in your laptop.

or

If you want to download the drivers from the Nvidia website then you have to click here DOWNLOAD and after downloading that you have to install it in your laptop and after installing in your laptop you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

if after updating the drivers also if you are facing the same problem then I think you should try to solve this problem by installing direct X in your laptop . I am suggest in you this solution because in you have mentioned that you have recently installed the Windows 7 in your laptop and that is why you will require to install the Direct X in your laptop.

To download the Direct X you have to visit the official Microsoft site and after that you to click on the download section and after that you have to download the Direct X in your laptop and after installing the Direct X you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

If after reinstalling the direct X also if you are facing the same problem then I will suggest you to contact the Alienware support and after that you have to tell about your problem and after that they will give you solution regarding this.

The actual problem was my graphic chip. After referring your solution I have tried to fix this issue by reinstalling the drivers, updating the drivers and also installed updated Direct X but none of the solution worked for me and after that I have visited service center and they have find that my graphic chip was faulty and they fixed that issue. Now I am not having any problem with my laptop.