Thread: Incompatibility of Age of Empires 2 Conquerors with Alienware

Incompatibility of Age of Empires 2 Conquerors with Alienware

Hello friends I am big fan of the Age of Empires and I was usually play this game on my desktop but now I have got new Alienware 17xR2 laptop and after that I have installed Age of Empires 2 Conquerors in my laptop and after that when I try to start the game at that time it crashes on the start up . now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

Re: Incompatibility of Age of Empires 2 Conquerors with Alienware

I think this problem you are facing because of the Incompatibility and I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by running the game in the compatibility mode and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

yes I will also suggest you the same solution by running the game in the compatibility mode you will be able to play the game in your laptop. if you done know about how to run the game in the compatibility mode then you have to do following steps and after that you will not get any issue.

First you have to open the game directory where you have installed Age of Empires 2 Conquerors and after that you have to right click on the game installed file. now after doing right click on the game installer file you have to click on the properties. after clicking on the properties you have to select the compatibility tab. after clicking on the compatibility tab you have to click change the game compatibility and after that click on the ok. Now after t that double click on the game icon and after that check whether you are able to launch the game or not. I think after changing the compatibility of the Age of Empires 2 Conquerors you will not get any problem with the game.

in my laptop I have installed the Age of Empires 2 Conquerors game and it is not giving me any issues. I think something went wrong while installing the game and that is why I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by reinstalling the game in your laptop and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

There are patches available on the internet to run the Age of Empires 2 Conquerors in new machines just download it that and after that you have to apply the patch and then you will be able to pay the game.

I really appreciate your help. After reading your reply I have tried to fix this issue by reinstalling the Age of Empires 2 Conquerors in my laptop and that trick really worked for me.