Thread: Need help with clean install of Windows 7 and Driver Install Order in Alienware System

Need help with clean install of Windows 7 and Driver Install Order in Alienware System

Hello friends I have Alienware M11x R2 laptop which I am using from last seven months and I was using Windows 7 Home Premium in my laptop and now I have decided to install the windows 7 ultimate in my laptop. Now I need help about after installing the windows 7 how to install the drivers. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Need help with clean install of Windows 7 and Driver Install Order in Alienware System

I would like to tell you that whenever you do clean install of your any operating system in your laptop at that time you have to make sure that you have to drivers installation DVD because it is very important and if you don’t have the CD then you have to first install the drivers from the internet.

Re: Need help with clean install of Windows 7 and Driver Install Order in Alienware System

if you want to install the drivers for your laptop from internet then you have to visit the visit the official website of the laptop manufacturer and after that you have to search your laptop model and after that you have to click on the download button and then select the operation system. Now after downloading the drivers you have to make the DVD of those drivers.

you have to follow this steps to install the drivers in your laptop.
    First you have to you have to make sure that Windows Automatic Driver Install is disabled and you have to always retort the laptop after installing any drivers if the system prompts for restart.

Now keeping above things in mind you have to first install the Chipset Driver in your laptop and after installing the Chipset Driver you have to install USB 3.0 Driver in your laptop and after that you have to install. Intel RST Driver / Intel Management Engine. After doing that Freefall Sensor Driver is you have to install in your laptop and then install the Alienware On-Screen Display Driver.

• After doing the above steps you have to install the display drivers.
    • after display drivers you have to install the LAN Driver.
    • then you have to install the Audio Driver and then install the Wireless Network Driver.
    • After installing that proceed with audio drivers and then install the Bluetooth drivers.
    • and then install the Touchpad drivers and Media Card Reader Driver
    • last you have to install the Remote Control/Infrared Driver in your laptop.

I hope this steps will help you and you will install all the drivers correctly. if you have any problem with this then let me know.

I would like to tell you that after installing the drivers you have to do necessary updates. I mean to say that after installing the drivers you have to install the adobe flash player and to run all the online application and online video properly in your laptop. you have to also install the java and direct X.

I am telling you this because only installing the drivers is not enough while playing games and running software’s you will prompt for this installation so it is better to install it now.

I have recently done clean install of the windows 7 in my laptop and after that I have installed all the required drivers and after that I have also installed the Ccleaner utility in my laptop to keep my system clean and I will recommend you also to install Ccleaner.

if you want to install the Ccleaner in your laptop then you can download it from internet and after downloading the Cleaner from the internet you have to install it in your laptop and after installing theCcleaner you will be able to keep your laptop clean. you have to use this utility regularly and every time when you uninstall any software or drivers.

thank you so much for helping me and giving me right steps to install the drivers and after reading your replies I have installed the drivers according to your given steps. Now after installing the drivers as you have said that I have to install the flash player and Direct X but I don’t know from where I can get this. Please tell me from where I can get flash player and Direct X.

In my laptop I have internet explorer but I not finding this browser user friendly and I want to switch to another browser which will help me to save online videos. please tell me which browser I should use.

if you want to install the flash player and Direct X then you have to install the flash player from official site of the adobe and you will get direct X from Microsoft official website. visit those site and install this stuffs.

As far as browser is concern then I will suggest you to download the Mozilla Firefox browser in your laptop which very nice and user friendly browser and you can download the online videos easily with the help of the video download helper add on. just download the Mozilla Firefox from its official website and after that install it In your laptop.

to download the video download helper add-on you have to click here DOWNLOAD and after that install it in your Mozilla Firefox browser and after that you have to restart the browser and you will be able to download the online videos.

I have downloaded the flash player and Direct X in from the official site and after downloading that I have installed that in my laptop. I have also downloaded the Mozilla Firefox and after installing that I have also installed the add-on which you have suggested and with the help of that I can download the videos from internet. Thank you for helping me giving me information.