Thread: why there is no Stealth mode indicator in alienware laptop

why there is no Stealth mode indicator in alienware laptop

Hello friends I am using alienware m17x-r3 laptop and in my laptop I have windows 7 operating system I have started facing some issues. in my laptop when I was trying to over clock the GPU at that time I was not able to do that and after that I have notice that stealth mode was not activated and after that I have activated it and then my problem get solved. but I want to know why there is no Stealth mode indicator because if there is OSD indicator for the stealth mode then it will be helpful to know whether stealth mode is activated or not.

Re: why there is no Stealth mode indicator in alienware laptop

yes if the stealth mode is not activated then you will not able to overclock GPU and it is good that you have fixed that problem by activating the stealth mode and as far as stealth mode indication is concern then you will notice that when the stealth mode is on at that time touch pad button will glows brighter and it is indication that stealth mode is turned on. I hope this information will be helpful for you and if you want to know anything mote then let me know.

Well I am also using alienware m17x-r3 laptop and I am also not able to overclock my GPU. I have read the above solution in which you have mentioned that by turning on the stealth mode I can overclock the GPU and I have also tried that but after that also I am still facing the same issue. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this.

I have gone through your problem and i would like to tell you that you that have you tried to overclock the GPU by using the NVIDIA System Tool? if you have not tried this yet then first try to overclock by using NVIDIA System Tool and then check whether your problem get solved or not.

yes if the stealth mode is not activated then you will not able to overclock GPU and it is good that you have fixed that problem by activating the stealth mode and as far as stealth mode indication is concern then you will notice that when the stealth mode is on at that time touch pad button will glows brighter and it is indication that stealth mode is turned on. I hope this information will be helpful for you and if you want to know anything mote then let me know.
    as you have said that touch pad button will glows brighter when stealth mode is on and after that I have noticed that and it have noticed that also but it is really difficult to recognize it.

If you are still facing the same problem after trying to over clock the GPU by using NVIDIA System Tool and turning on the stealth mode also then I think first you should uninstall the NVIDIA System Tool from your laptop and after uninstalling the NVIDIA System Tool from your laptop you have to install it again and after that try to overclock the GPU again and then whether you are facing the same problem or not.

If problem still remains after reinstalling the NVIDIA System Tool then you have to download the NVIDIA System Tool again from the internet and after downloading it again you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think after downloading the NVIDIA System Tool and installing it in your laptop will solve this issue. try this solution and after that let me know whether it makes any difference or not.

if you want o download the NVIDIA System Tools then you can download it by clicking on DOWNLOAD. now after that install it in your laptop and then let me know whether it makes any difference or not.

I have downloaded the NVIDIA System Tools in my alienware m17x-r3 laptop from your given downloaded link and after downloading the NVIDIA System Tools I have installed that in my laptop and after installing that all the things started working properly. Thank you for helping me.