Thread: How to Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch in Alienware M11x

How to Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch in Alienware M11x

I had install windows 7 home basic on my m11x system.The Bluetooth use to work properly with my windows 7 home premium until i have switched to windows 7 home basic.Whenever i am trying to install my Bluetooth drivers from a Dell website i am unfortunately getting a message that "activate Bluetooth using wireless switch" I have checked the device manager but i get a little yellow "!" near the Bluetooth icon and when i click on it i get a message saying "device cannot start (code 10)." I have tried all the possible way that i could have but i still have not found any solution for it.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch in Alienware M11x

I have the exact problem in my Alienware M11xR2 laptop,i am not very confident whether my Bluetooth has stopped working as it used to some times.I cant go through regular Bluetooth installation because my Bluetooth does not have a switch when i go to my Bluetooth option from the device manager i dong get anything.I have tried turning off the Bluetooth going through BIOS and then turning it on again but have not got any success in solving this out,Any suggestion for solving this will be appreciated.

Even i had faced the same Bluetooth problem once an had solved it by the following way.What you have to do is try and open the open the laptop and then unplug the Bluetooth card and reboot it a couple of time and make sure before doing this physical task just uninstall that Bluetooth driver and when you are done with all of the above try to reinstall the driver and check whether if it starts working.I had solved my problem in the same way hope this work for you as well.

I don't think there must be a problem with your hardware as you said you have done a clean install of the windows. it might be a driver issue and if you have the dell restore disk with you than you can probably solve your problem within no time.You just have to run that CD and go to the drivers trough computer management and finally update it or repair it and if its really a driver problem than it will be solved surely by this solution but if it still does not work than you might have to upgrade to some other version of windows.

I have experienced this problem before but in a different version of windows bu i think i have a solution for it and it should work for you and you can give it a try as well.Just follow this solution:
    • Unzip dell Bluetooth driver then exit installation.
    • Go to c:/dell drivers folder
    • Go to win64 and use installer in service pack

which will reinstall your Bluetooth firmware and you will be able to solve your problem as well.

I do have a solution for it and i think it will solve all of yours problem.So just go to the Device Manager and then right click on the computer name and then click on add legacy hardware now go through the option which will give you a list of all hardware,and then click on "have disk" and find out the Bluetooth drivers and then click on OK and the device manager will automatically install the drivers and after the Bluetooth driver is installed you wont face the problem.

I am also experiencing the same Bluetooth problem on my laptop and i a also having the dell backup CD.I tried working it out with the help of the CD but the problem i am facing is that i am not able to browse the Bluetooth driver by myself neither the computer is able to browse the driver automatically.I am out of ideas now and i don't know what to do.Have any one experienced the same problem like mine and can help me to solve it as well? any help will be appreciated.

I am using a Alienware Quality M17xR2 and i was previously using windows xp on it but just a few days ago i have upgraded to windows 7.Every thing appears to work properly than my Bluetooth device i don't know what went wrong with it as i know i had a clean install of the windows 7 i did not missed any thing through the whole updating process.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again and again and have also tried all the possible way and suggestion by now but nothing seems to be helping and now i have decided to downgraded to my windows xp again.

Every one facing the Bluetooth driver can follow this and i am sure that this will hopefully solve your issues just try to perform the following
    • Check whether the Bluetooth is on going through BIOS
    • Uninstall current Bluetooth driver
    • Reinstall the driver software from authorized dell website.

but if it still doesn't work then go to c:/dell drivers/64 and then run the installer and load the .dfu file when asked which you will get in the same 64 folder.In case if still doesn't work then reinstalling windows will be a better choice.