Thread: Should I wait for an OTA Gingerbread update in T-Mobile G2X or do it manually?

Should I wait for an OTA Gingerbread update in T-Mobile G2X or do it manually?

So I've been holding up for my OTA Gingerbread to live up to expectations and I'm sick of holding up. I know that you could probably utilize the LG apparatuses to update the Mobile vs holding up for the OTA, but my issue is there a divergence in these forms? I know provided that I do the LG I could not do the OTA, but; Are they the same or are they set up to be better? And then will utilizing the LG void my warranty?

Re: Should I wait for an OTA Gingerbread update in T-Mobile G2X or do it manually?

Yes OTA and LG Tool Update are the same forms (2.3.3). No it won't void your warranty, yet assuming that you have situations following update, relying on the specifics of your situation, T-Mobile would point you to LG for a shift. You will need to pay a modest expense to send back and reinstate Mobile

Re: Should I wait for an OTA Gingerbread update in T-Mobile G2X or do it manually?

The Images are as in kernel image, or different packages. I wasn't beyond any doubt if the bundle originating from LG was the same one as the one from T-Mobile. Of course they would be able to have the same Android form, but they might be a few offbeat bundles. I didn't would like to update on the LG then get notification from an OTA updater that the patch they got had something better.

They're both the definite same "packages". No distinction. But also they quit putting out the OTA so they can alter the bugs that are still present. They pushed the GB update out before it was finished, so now were determined to need to sit tight for update adjust 2.

Is there any official word that they have stopped? I trust you, I've begun getting an "association fizzled" when I endeavor to ping for a S/W update, where I long ago would get a "Your product is the most current form". I've had a ton of situations that have quite made me mull over dropping my contract with T-portable over this Mobile. I continue getting information coverage drops which is a pain when I'm utilizing it as a GPS, or irregular reboots erratically throughout the day.

The GB upgrade isn't anything to bluster about, in my idea. I had a ton of discomfort with the LG download; did hours of web-based exploration, beyond any doubt found a key and it was. I wished I had the FROYO back.

I still haven’t accepted the OTA update so I endeavored to utilize the LG update instrument. The primary few times I attempted, it declared that my Mobile was even now the most cutting edge form (affirmed that it was 2.2.2). At last something happened that it distinguished I didn’t have the most cutting edge, but when a short while I got a notice that "SOFTWARE UPDATE IS NOT SUPPORTED FOR THIS MODEL." I am at wits close with this Mobile (which is the third displacement of the initial). It appears I am stayed with a Mobile that keeps on to close down erratically, keeps a charge for less than 4 hours and is underpinned by no living breathing person.

Just Root the Mobile and neglect about T-portable and LG. Establishing is absolutely straightforward and there are numerous custom ROMs that have been made for the G2x. I concur with most individuals and we need to not need to do this to attach to make the Mobile work but it is conspicuous none, of these association is determined to make it right. Head on over to the XDA gatherings and look at it for yourself they have straightforward anything but rushed guidelines on the best way to root and blaze the ROMs. They have built my G2x an executioner apparatus with no issues to any detectable degree. It tries not to void your warranty being as how it is particularly straightforward to dividend it to stock if for some explanation you need to send it back.

Much thanks to you who has committed help and recommendations in this discourse. On the off chance that anybody is still anticipating the OTA.