Thread: T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide drains battery quickly

T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide drains battery quickly

Hi, I have recently bought a new mobile that’s T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide and I don’t know whether I am having any problem with the phone or actually the phone battery is that awful. Because though I charge it fully it just keeps draining very quickly, before the specified time.

So guys any idea what is happening, do the mobile has that worst battery or this is a problem with me? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide drains battery quickly

As the extent to I know my mobile works perfectly around 1 and half day. And that’s quite enough actually if we are using a touch screen mobile. but see the problem is like there are too many factors that causes battery drain such as if you are continuously using internet application, or if you have set higher brightness and many more.

And in other way there could be some problem with the hardware or the software.

Dude, if suppose you're running application such as GTalk, Facebook, and other internet applications then let me tell you as it require 3G or EDGE connection for 24x7.

And because of this surely the battery will drain really hastily, and this is usual for a smartphone. And in such a case you can have a backup battery. And after all its exclusively depends on the usage, and it seems that you’re using too much data and that’s why your phone battery drains quickly.

you should try to make sure that your battery and the charger you are using is working perfectly, because the thing is like though we stopped such applications and games but the mobile will keeps draining the battery as if there is some problem with the battery or charger.

You can try to charge you battery with another charger and if that doesn’t helps you than you should try to get another battery and charge it with your another charger so that you can simply figure out the hardware damage if there is any.

Have you checked the specification for the mobile, from there as well you can simply make sure how much battery consumption is there.

See with this mobile you can have Up to 312 hrs in Stand-by mode. And Up to 9 hrs of Talk time.

I think you should try update the firmware of your mobile, because I have heard that it could also be the major reason of draining the battery soon.

I am not sure what could be the problem, but I would like to tell you about some of the precaution that you can have so that you can test your mobile battery performance.

1. Stop searching for a signal when you are in different area, rather you can set it to make automatic update.

2. Switch off the vibrate function and make use of only ring tone.

3. Turn off your phone's back light or you can adjust the brightness to its lowest level.

4. Avoid using needless features rather application.

5. Always keep your calls short.

6. Turn off Bluetooth, WIFI, GPS if not needed.

7. Use GSM rather than 3G

8. As this is the smartphone avoid using stirring or animated pictures or videos as a background.

9. Keep the battery cool.

10. Charge your battery properly, in accordance with its type.

I don’t think there Is some problem with the firmware that I have installed in the mobile, because I have tried reinstalling firmware as well but no luck.

And I am also assuming the same thing as there might be some problem with any of the accessories so will it be replaceable? Anyways thanks for the prompt reply.

You can refer this link mentioned below as from there you’ll get some idea about the battery and off course solution as well.

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2221

If suppose you are still having the same problem thus according to me the best option would be to visit the service center, because see if there would be any problem they would help you resolving that for sure without charging you any cost. But at the same end if you tested the mobile from any technician and something went wrong so you’ll lose the phone for sure but along with that it’s warranty as well and after that you can even claim the warranty as well.

And if suppose there is some problem with the charger or the battery, it will be replaced and you’ll be given a newer accessories, but while doing there you should make sure that you have carried mobile bill with you.