Thread: After 3.1 update, Netflix no longer works on my G-Slate

After 3.1 update, Netflix no longer works on my G-Slate

I am using a T-Mobile G-Slate Tablet and it is really a nice tablet, but now I can see that Netflix is not working on it. This is since I did 3.1 update. I want to know that this is only with me or anyone else has the same issue. However, now, I can see the same movies which are part of my Netflix subscription but I have to pay 4 bucks for them in Android market. It’s really annoying for me. Anyone else got the same experience?

Re: After 3.1 update, Netflix no longer works on my G-Slate

As far as I know, this issue is not only with you it is with everyone who is using G-Slate. We should be aware that Netflix was never supported on G-Slate. And therefore I would say that we were just using it in a borrowed time.

Yes, I also have problem with my G-Slate. As, you are saying, it feels very crazy and I was just wondering that exactly when the G-Slate will get Netflix for it. I really want to use Netflix on my G-Slate.

Yes, I also feel that it is very crazy that Netflix is not working on my G-Slate tablet aferr updating to Honeycomb 3.1. But, I feel it even more wacky that some users of G-Slate think that it is normal that we cannot use Netflix after updating to 3.1. As far as I know, Netflix is supported on all the Honeycomb tablets. If you want you can go and check for that. I was not feeling it normal that it is not working on my G-Slate after 3.1 update.

I didn’t meant that, I know that everyone think that it is not good that Netflix is not working now on G-Slate tablets. But, it is also true that we were just at Netflix’s compassion till now. And when they updated it now we are not able to use it on G-Slate tablets. I was just telling that what the reason behind your issue with Netflix is.

I was thinking that can we downgrade the OS to Honeycomb 3.0(other than factory reset) and then by preventing the auto update, can we make the Netflix to work on our G-Slate? I know it is not LG or T-Mobile’s mistake, I want to get Netflix to work on my G-Slate. As Netflix is not working on my tablet, I also tried to get other streaming movie apps such as Blockbuster app, but they were also not supported on my LG G-Slate. Is there is any other Streaming movie app that you know and which supported in G-Slate.

can we downgrade the OS to Honeycomb 3.0 and then by preventing the auto update, can we make the Netflix to work on our G-Slate?
    No you cannot it that way. Because, there isn’t any way to downgrade to previous version i.e. 3.0. Because, according to what I know, the upgrade locks down the bootloader and therefore post upgrade things are locked in. Therefore, it is not possible for you to downgrade. And as you are asking for a Streaming movie app, therefore I want to add here that there is, mVideoPlayer app and movie option with its Android market movies. You can try those apps also.