you can follow the steps to clean install snow leopard operating system in your machine.
But before that you must have to have some vital peripherals such as the disk through which this is possible after that you must have to have DVD drive or else you must have to install the same through the flash drive. before installing the operating system you have to erase the driver first and then only you should continue.
Boot from the Snow Leopard Install DVD
- 1. put in the Snow Leopard Installation DVD into your optical drive.
- 2. Once the DVD mounts on the desktop the Mac OS X Install DVD window should open and If it doesn’t appeared then you have to double-click the DVD icon on the desktop.
- 3. On that window, double-click the ‘Install Mac OS X’ icon.
- 4. As you click on that Mac OS X window will open and present you with two options. You can continue with a standard upgrade installation, or utilize the utilities incorporated on the install DVD. Thus among them you have to select the ‘Utilities’ button.
- 5. Installer will notify you that in order to use the supplied utilities, you will need to reboot your Mac and boot from the DVD. Thus just click the ‘Restart’ button.
Using Disk Utility from the Snow Leopard Installer
- Since you have restarted your machine, installer will inquire about the language that we have to install thus you have to make your selection and click the right arrow key.
- The “Install Mac OS X” screen will come in to view so from that click the ‘Utilities’ button.
- And from the Apple menu bar, choose ‘Disk Utilities’ from the Utilities menu.
- After clicking that disk Utilities will launch. And will give you three option as,
Erase a Volume
Format a Hard Drive
Partition a Hard Drive.
Select one of the following instructions, rely on what you desire to do.
- After doing that the installer will proceed with the installation but be patient as it will take few minutes.