Thread: Archos 7 Home tablet - Specifications

Archos 7 Home tablet - Specifications

Hi,

I am planning to buy a tablet after some weeks. I have seen Archos 7 Home tablet introduced at Cebit. I like the way it looks. So I want to about Specifications of Archos 7 Home tablet and also tell me whether it worth buying ???

Re: Archos 7 Home tablet - Specifications

Archos seem to share rapidly would increase by low prices to do that. Archos 7 Home tablet is a new product created in: Home Tablets. These tablets have less functionality than the more expensive Internet Tablets, but the basic features - Internet, video and audio playback - according to Archos would be sufficient for most consumers. This Archos has a secret weapon: the Android operating system.

Technical specifications of Archos 7 Home tablet :

Cpu : Rock Chip 2808
    CPU speed : 600MHz
    Memory Storage : 2GB/8GB
    Screen Size : 7 inch
    Screen : 800x480 pixels

Connection
    Connection (USB) : USB 2.0 (mini USB)
    Connection (wlan) : 802.11b, 802.11g
    Memory Card Reader : MicroSD card

Other specifications
    Audio Formats : mp3, wma, ogg, flac, ape, wav, aac
    Video Formats : MPG1, 2.4, wmv, mkv, mov, avi, rm, rmvb
    Image Formats : jpeg, bmp, poison
    Other formats : txt, lrc
    Dimensions : 2-3x107x12mm
    Weight : 350 grams

The border around the screen of brushed aluminum, the sides of the drive itself of glossy plastic. The matte screen displays images at 800x480 pixel perfect again. The touchscreen of the model at the Cebit also worked anything but smooth. Archos staff assured us that the touch control of the final model would function better. The lack of an accelerometer can not switch between landscape and portrait mode. About the type of screen is also not clear: Archos claims to have a capacitive screen, but other sources speak of a resistive screen.

The image viewer can handle JPEG, BMP and poison. This viewer also faltered when scrolling between pictures, but this can be attributed to the defective screen. Support for e-book formats such as pdf and epub standard are not available, but can be added via an application. Finally, the Archos supports playback of audio compression formats mp3, wma, ogg and aac, the lossless ape and flac format and wav format files.

A big advantage is the presence of the Android OS, which allows the functionality to expand. By default, the player can handle enough sizes, with particular support for ogg and flac audio formats will be appreciated. There is a big but: if the final version offers no better touchscreen, the model is definitely not recommended. I also have our doubts about the processor: a bit on the old ARM9-based architecture model may well may have difficulty coping with major websites and video files.

Hola a todos! soy bea y hace poco me he comprado una tablet archos 7 home tablet! y la verdad nose hacer casi nada con ella quiero bajarme el market para poder tener las aplicaciones pero en the pone house no pueden hacerlo porque digamos que no es "legal" necesito ayuda porfavor para instalarlo me he leido todos los tutoriales para poner el software en mi tablet, bajo el archivo update.img lo pongo en la tablet y me lo identifica como erroneo y automaticamente me dice que si lo quiero borrar! que puedo hacer? no tengo mucha idea de esto y en the pone house no pueden ayudarme! nose que hacer porfavor ayuda =)!

gracias de antemanoo!!

Hi Friend,

As you know this is English Forums and all users here are also English. So I/we are unable to understand what you asking/saying in this post. I request you to please post it again in english.

Regards.