Thread: Asus "Republic of Gamers" G60JX notebook with Snow Leopard 10.6.3/10.6.4

Asus "Republic of Gamers" G60JX notebook with Snow Leopard 10.6.3/10.6.4

HI, I have recently purchased Asus G60JX notebook and want to install snow leopard operating system on that but I am confused between the two as I have mentioned in the title. Which version is the best one to install? And is there any more difference in those versions? Or they have made only some of the changes only? and is there any system requirement to install this operating system on this machine?

And along with this, let me tell you as I am not very much aware about the procedure to install this operating system so that it would be better if you specify step wise procedure to install this operating system in the machine.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Asus "Republic of Gamers" G60JX notebook with Snow Leopard 10.6.3/10.6.4

Are you using an original disk for installing this windows or you have downloaded the copy of the window in your machine? because see the thing is like if you are having the original disk then you must be having a manual with it and by referring that only you can install the operating system in your machine.

off course you must have to have some specific hardware in your machine in order to install the operating system you have mentioned. I would like to tell you about that and hope you’ll understand the thing properly.

System requirements :

An Intel processor

An internal or external DVD drive, or DVD or CD Sharing

At least 1 GB of RAM (additional RAM is recommended)

A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer

At least 6 GB of disk space available or 7 GB of disk space if you install the developer tools

But apart from this I would like to suggest you one thing as well like you can install the newer version as well Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard in your machine rather than the one you have mentioned in the title.

I was not aware about the newer version actually, but still I have heard that we have to have previous version of operating system installed in the machine in order to install the newer version, so it is true?

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

you can follow the steps to clean install snow leopard operating system in your machine.

But before that you must have to have some vital peripherals such as the disk through which this is possible after that you must have to have DVD drive or else you must have to install the same through the flash drive. before installing the operating system you have to erase the driver first and then only you should continue.

Boot from the Snow Leopard Install DVD

1. 1. put in the Snow Leopard Installation DVD into your optical drive.
    2. 2. Once the DVD mounts on the desktop the Mac OS X Install DVD window should open and If it doesn’t appeared then you have to double-click the DVD icon on the desktop.
    3. 3. On that window, double-click the ‘Install Mac OS X’ icon.
    4. 4. As you click on that Mac OS X window will open and present you with two options. You can continue with a standard upgrade installation, or utilize the utilities incorporated on the install DVD. Thus among them you have to select the ‘Utilities’ button.
    5. 5. Installer will notify you that in order to use the supplied utilities, you will need to reboot your Mac and boot from the DVD. Thus just click the ‘Restart’ button.

Using Disk Utility from the Snow Leopard Installer

1. Since you have restarted your machine, installer will inquire about the language that we have to install thus you have to make your selection and click the right arrow key.

2. The “Install Mac OS X” screen will come in to view so from that click the ‘Utilities’ button.

3. And from the Apple menu bar, choose ‘Disk Utilities’ from the Utilities menu.

4. After clicking that disk Utilities will launch. And will give you three option as,

Erase a Volume

Format a Hard Drive

Partition a Hard Drive.

Select one of the following instructions, rely on what you desire to do.
    5. After doing that the installer will proceed with the installation but be patient as it will take few minutes.

According to me as well you should try to install the newer version only, because I have noticed too many changes in the software as all the bugs were in the previous software are been resolved and has actually doesn’t matter .

If you are not getting anything from here then according to me you should try to get the operating system installed by referring the manual, and that you can download from their own website. Rather than doing on your own.