Thread: Unable to disable ‘Suspend on USB’ and Cast COM object in MFI Multiloader for BlackBerry

Unable to disable ‘Suspend on USB’ and Cast COM object in MFI Multiloader for BlackBerry

Whenever I try to open the MFI multiloader I keep getting the foll. two errors – No, its not the internet connection as I have it disabled before and during app start. I can’t disable the suspend on USB feature on the multiloader, I have Windows Visa 64-ibit, and I know that on many people’s PC this works. I also cannot cast COM objects. Please help me with your suggestions, I would be really glad.

Re: Unable to disable ‘Suspend on USB’ and Cast COM object in MFI Multiloader for BlackBerry

The very first step I would say that has caused most of the problem with the blackberry is downloading latest Blackberry Desktop Manager v4.7.0.32. But you should immediately disable the automatic update service. That’s because if you have it on, your new OS will not be listed in the manager, When it does this it loads a second virtual vendor.xml file in the temp folder on your computer and replacse the original one giving problems, the automatic "Check for Updates" feature loads another vendor.xml based on the brand of device you've got and replaces it.

Re: Unable to disable ‘Suspend on USB’ and Cast COM object in MFI Multiloader for BlackBerry

How can I remove the automatic feature from the manager? I have it installed but I couldn’t find anywhere about the automatic feature. Where is it installed in the system?

Below are the steps to remove this service.
    1. Go to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Click on "BlackBerry Desktop Software" and select "Change/Remove."
    3. Go "Next" and choose "Modify." From Remove options.
    4. In the list of installed items, you can see "BlackBerry Automatic Update." Just uncheck it and should put an "X" next to "BlackBerry Automatic Update." Also, disable check for automatic updates once asked after the installation is complete and click finish.

For the error on USB you get error in the registry key, The Acces to the registry key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB' is denied. Just download a file disableselectivesuspend.zip from Internet, and expand it. It directly makes necessary changes in the registries and you can now access USB feature. You can find similar for the COM also, that too I think is because of changes in the registry of the system. Windows Vista gives this problems, use XP for better performance also.