Thread: Unable to recognize specified IPSW error in iPhone 4

Unable to recognize specified IPSW error in iPhone 4

I am trying to jailbreak my Iphone with Redsn0w but it is just showing this error: Unable to recognize specified IPSW. How can I make it work with Redsn0w? I have not performed jailbreak with before and have firmware version 4.3.3, but I don’t know why it is not working on other versions. Is there any fix or workaround for this error?

Re: Unable to recognize specified IPSW error in iPhone 4

Ultrasn0w is a software that is used to jailbreak your iPhone or unlock it. For Windows it is Redsn0w and for Mac OS it is pwnage tools. Try the fol. Steps and see what happens:
    1. First back up your phone and its data and install Redsn0w on your computer. Then get the Redsn0w software.
    2. Connect your phone to PC, and start the application. If you are in Windows 7 run the app in compatibility mode. You should check for the correct IPSW and you use it to download.
    3. If there are more than one IPSW, make sure you have selected the one with the most recent timestamp to it. Then you can install the jailbroke napps easily.

The problem is that you must be having an incompatible IPSW file with you. You should download a custom made IPSW file and use it to jailbreak. If yo have updated your iPhone to 4.3.3 than you cannot jailbreak the device using IPSW in-built. For that you will have to use custom IPSW, which is used only if you have the custom install.

You cannot install the latest released IPSW for iPhone 4.3.5 it dosen’t do as expected and it was released to fill the security hole in the iPhone due to pdf support in the phone. So you will have to have custom IPSW only if you have jailbreak. Or else just degrade your version to 4.3.4 and you can do it easily.

Try using Redsn0w 0.9.8b4 and select the 4.3.4, and jailbreak it. Once you dne that you wil see the option that use onlt tethered option. You can select the option and you will have the tethered version of the jailbreak. The problem is that you will have tethered phone so it will be very annoying if you ever switch off the phone. You will have to again jailbreak it by plugging it to pC, if the pone gets switched off, as all the setting gets tithered if it is off. So, you will have to keep the phone on everytime. To solve this you will have to use custom IPSW which you can find on the internet.

I don’t understand why everyone keeps suggesting to custom IPSW. I think the proble can be solved if you use correct redsn0w version which is compatible with the correct phone model and version of firmware in the phone. Just check the software relese notes to see what version do the ysupport and download only that option. I think having a custom IPSW is not good, as it voids your warranty with the phone. SO, if your phone if ever bricks, there is no way you can recover it and all your money is wasted. SO, stay away from custom IPSW.

the soln is actually very simple for your problem. I had the same problem, but after some tries I got the solution. The problem is actually with the download file of Redsnow. From where have you downloaded the software? If you have downloaded it from Mozilla Firefox, the nonly it will work. For some strange reason it will not work if you downloaded it from IE or Google Chrome. I tried wit hboth same unidentification but once I downloaded fro Mozilla it surely works