Thread: Nokia 5250 Touchscreen not responding

Nokia 5250 Touchscreen not responding

Hello friends I am having a problem regarding its touchscreen as when I receive a call I am not able answer or receive calls not only that much if I try to call also I am not able to touch as it seems my touch is not proper as some times it touches and sometimes it not. I am really very much frustrated now as it is really very bad. So guys over here can anyone please get me some suggestion so that I can solve my problem.

Re: Nokia 5250 Touchscreen not responding

There is one thing you can try here. That is by updating phone software via USB. Connect the phone and then launch Nokia pc suite. In that you can see an option to backup the content of device. Run back-up before doing any update. Now go in software tab and click on update. Do not disconnect the phone. If still this does not help carry the phone to Nokia care point

Re: Nokia 5250 Touchscreen not responding

If when you touch the touch screen no response, check the following:
    Make sure the device is not locked. When the device is locked, you must use the lock switch unlock and activate the screen. If the device is not locked, but that has passed the time limit of the backlight and this has lessened (this situation can occur if you have disabled the automatic key lock), the touch screen can be activated mechanical pressing any key, as the menu key, volume keys, camera key or key lock (the lock key must be pressed twice because the first press of the button will lock the device). If you are on a phone call, check that the proximity detector located in the upper front corner of the device is not plugged. The proximity sensor will lock the touch screen to stop accidental actions through a phone call by placing the device near your ear. Check that the proximity sensor is not covered if you try to use the touch screen phone while a call is active. If the touch screen still does not respond, remove the battery and restart the phone. If this does not solve the problem, try to restore the initial values of the phone or take it to Nokia Care point for examination.