Thread: Canon 7D vs Sony A77 HD video

Canon 7D vs Sony A77 HD video

I am looking forward to buy a good video camera, of course, a Digital camera. I know that there are several out there which are for different purpose as per your needs. However I am looking for a HD video camera. I come cross two good models and they are Canon 7D and Sony A77. I have seen an image difference but I still couldn’t able to realize which one I should go for? Can anybody help me?

Re: Canon 7D vs Sony A77 HD video

Compared to 5DMKII from the same manufacturer, the Canon EOS 7D, a number of advantages, not least during handling. This, however, at the cost of relatively softer images in video mode and an APS-C sensor. For our taste, however, support the soft images rather a cinematic look, as they disturb. Looking at the Canon EOS 7D in their entirety by the top handle, a very good value for money and the attractive film look (24 B / sec!), The Canon EOS 7D is a very good mix of high-quality camera and video DSLR. For the future we would want a folding screen, Full HD HDMI output and an increase in the efficiency of video codecs.

For now, nothing says that the D300 surpasses the A77 and 7D. View 24MP and EVF is not in itself a major step forward! The components are progressing, the EVF is starting to become credible (but still not necessary). 12i / s, it could bury the 7D but it remains to be seen as what happens in reality, plus a limited buffer.

It all depends on your level of requirement. The optics in Canon and Nikon (who are far from handles manufacturing objective) are reaching the limits with APS-C sensors 16 and 18 MP, 24 MP then, the definition of the sensor does will not help much with lenses that have a hard time spending more than 100 pairs of line! In short, to get the Sigma or Tamron as well stay with a 16 MP sensor!

Sony offers us a new 24 MP CMOS sensor, APS-C. The sensor becomes one with the best definition in this format, dethroning the passage Canon 7D and 18 mp. This same sensor (or variant) should also be found at Nikon soon. We can expect good performance in terms of noise management, especially with a new Bionz processor.

The quality of the Sony made this important level of sensitivity now appears to be very good, though a little soft, the frame is rich in detail (the higher resolution here has its weight) with a grain size and noise well controlled. The image takes from this camera appears too good color saturation when excited with a yield of lighter areas of the image as you can see from the comparison between the histograms of the three machines.

What is really important here for its oversized EVF camera body silly and it's overpriced clearly, without pentaprism, it must be much cheaper than 1.3K. Sony missed it again and I will not buy it, it was as usual Sony as it gets, a silly contradictions tion camera, maybe as contradictory as the tax NEX7, great camera and tiny body huge usueless optics. What I Meant by as typical Sony as It Gets is that it's just good in the spec sheet but lots of issues in real life use as a longtime Sony Alpha user I already know it.

It's really hard to say - we are talking here not only of different lenses, different sensors of the same series but of two completely different sensors from different manufacturers. On the other hand, it is of course quite like that one sensor on the same course, with good optics can achieve a better resolution. On the A77 is still not known what they have is sensor resolution. Rumors said yes of 24MP, which again raises the question whether such resolutions for APS-C also be useful in non-high-end lenses can.

On the other hand price difference of 7D is especially so low, because the EOS 7D easy now to get very low street prices, while the 60D is just brand new. If you still can wait a couple of months, then may look quite different.

At last I would definitely go for the 7d – the Sony is supposed to have extremely excellent low light performance, except Canon have a much superior assortment of lenses.

Remember: there is no optimal model in general, you can make with any good shots, it comes specifically to the man behind the camera and the rest is self-regulating on the market on price and sales. A particular model is not worth much; it loses revenue and disappears rather quickly from the market.

I would stick with Canon, since Sony are very fragile. Also, as you say, the touch screen is a nuisance (and that is very expensive to repair), and you should take off the gloves to handle it (even to put to record, as the rec button is a small one on the edge of the screen).

Furthermore, the Canon has a higher image quality than the Sony, which, if you use the optical stabilizer, the video will lose less quality. In addition, the Canon accessory shoe "standard" (the shoe of the Sony only supports Sony products), which you can use to put a light bulb, if you see you're having problems with light. Even the Canon in the same lighting conditions will give you better picture than the Sony, as it has a larger CCD.

I'd suggest the canon rather than anything that brings Image stabilizer is much higher than much Sony used, besides the battery has more life lasts longer...