Thread: Proximity sensor not working properly in iPhone 4

Proximity sensor not working properly in iPhone 4

I have some problem with the Proximity sensor in the iPhone 4. Actually it is making the calls unintentionally with the super-sensitive" proximity sensor and some of the times it is causing iPhone 4 to hung up otherwise muted devoid of the user consent. I will be really pleased if someone can offer me any solution to cure this problem. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: Proximity sensor not working properly in iPhone 4

I would like to tell you that there are two glue black tape which is having two small hole intended for the v. From these two holes, one is for the IR transmitter and the other one is meant for the receiver. You will just have to glue the tape just above the speaker gasket and after that place the display on it properly. After this, you will find that the proximity will function without any problem. Please reply back if this is not helpful to you.

Although the problem of antenna of the iPhone has received considerable attention since the launch of the device two weeks ago, other issues have emerged, including with sensors near the phone. These would be less sensitive than the iPhone 3G: the screen can be activated during a call, then it is secured against an ear. For those who have this problem, the support of Apple recommends resetting the settings for the iPhone. To do this, go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset All Settings. This will not erase your applications or your contacts, all your settings will just reset to their default values. Since the problem is not all iPhone 4, it is probably a software problem that will be settled at the next update IOS should solve the problem of antenna.

I am also having the same problem and therefore I restored my iPhone 4 because I thought it was a lot of network problems. Also proximity sensors as I have turned off the microphone during phone conversation, and with the restoration I have had this problem.

There are many of the who have complained about how the sensor is not properly received in the near and not turn off the display during a call, hang up the phone or causing unintentional opening of other options. In many cases, however, the sensor does not detect the removal of the face at the end of the call, holding the screen with a black screen with no options. Macworld has collected evidence and the various attempts to solve the problem, noting that some users were able resetting some settings of your iPhone. For most users, however, is not served to reset the settings or reboot the terminal.

The focus on the problems of the iPhone 4 is now focused on the loss of signal reception when the phone is contested issue dubbed Death Grip. Among the answers about Steve Jobs and Apple's official letter, the discussions were triggered momentarily setting aside the other problems experienced by iPhone 4 and sporadically reported by users. One of these concerned the proximity sensor, according to a group of users, not working properly. Theoretically, the proximity sensor should know when the interlocutor's face is closer to the screen, inactivating it and preventing the accidental pressing any button.

I think that contacting the apple will be the best option for you and they will tell you that how this can be resolved.

The same thing applies to apply to a reset of network settings that can also help. There is one that you can do is and that is make the beginning-established backup ensures that the proximity sensor no longer works properly, reset the settings to the rescue and eliminates possible collisions of the settings. This would also explain why our main test equipment showed no problems, it has been completely re- placed.

The sensor tries not to discover the evacuation of the appearance at the closure of the call, keeping the screen with a dark screen with no choices. Macworld has gathered proof and the many sided endeavors to tackle the situation, noting that some users were capable resetting some settings of your iPhone.