Thread: can I put android or Linux on HP Tablet?

can I put android or Linux on HP Tablet?

As I have observed that most of the retailers are sitting on to vast inventory of HP tablets Nonetheless there are going to be various sales. I got fortunate and chosen up a ipad gen 1 for 60 percent when ipad2 evolved out - so I was thinking if this is a bit worth checking out. Does anybody know if you can flash the webOS and put some android homebrew on it or Linux? Any thoughts from you guys will be appreciated.

Re: can I put android or Linux on HP Tablet?

Android is the operating system which is built on Linux. There's no OR about it with those two options. And suspicious, you'll required to get drivers from HP made for Linux Or would have been prompted to write by my own.

You require a large enough ext3fs divider created with Meta-Doctor mounted at /media/. Note that the latest opt ware bootstrap wrap up will also employ this if it survive. If you have not by now done so you should setup the ext3fs divider to mount at boot up. directions can be got on the Meta Doctor page. Testing Feeds enabled. Using Preware, install Xecutah and Ubuntu 11.04 Chroot. Yo will have to build certain you have the WebOS Internals strike the pertinent buttons on Xecutah to run the XServer and the Ubuntu 11.04 Chroot. Run XServer first, which will open an Xserver window, then go back to Xecutah and tap Ubuntu 11.04 Chroot.

A night before Best Buy's site had not even listed the tablet - now they list it at 99 bucks. At the store they were no any HP tablets on the ledge (didn’t talk to anybody although). I just equipped one for in store lift up. I was able to arrange one though HP's small business site but they charged 20 bucks for S&H plus 10 bucks placeholder tax. I've listened to those are being cancelled; if it does go through I'll almost certainly call off it myself.

Android hardly runs well on a tablet that Google chains straight. I expect that those device drivers can make Gingerbread or ICS work fine with the TouchPad!

Ok Thanks guys For your suggestions!