Thread: Suggestion about studio / audiophile headphones?

Suggestion about studio / audiophile headphones?

For some years, I have been utilizing Sony's fabulous MDR-V6 Headphones for all things from sound checking of recording examples and music to listening to my FLAC / ALAC gathering to listening to motion pictures to strolling around town with my iPhone. In any case, I've had them for all in all some time, and they are generally utilized and now its broken, but I think the time is now for a supplanting. I was considering grabbing a different set of MDR-V6's as I do positively like these headphones, but I desired to know if there is anything superior to it.

Re: Suggestion about studio / audiophile headphones?

When you stated "audiophile" I was all primed to propose a couple of Audez'e LCD-2s, but then I peruse the rest of your post and perceived that they're 10x what you need to spend. They are, by an extended edge, the best equipped headphones I've ever caught however, and if a neighborhood store moves them they're a legit treat to listen to.

The ordinary prescription is to head off listen to the Sennheiser and Grado models that are in your cost go, and pick the ones you like the finest.

Regarding the state of your present headphones, I'd declare V6's are still your best equipped. In my interaction, they are raised like small indestructible tanks, so whatever you've done to your displayed V6's could have deteriorated any viable headphones years in the past.

A700s, HD1s, SR-125s and numerous others fit in that plan. In any case depending on if you should be tracking/mixing/engineering, stay with the Sony's. Usually you need a tracking combine and a listening match.

Pick up a late combine of V6s and put the Beyer cushions on them. Colossal departure in terms of solace, and they're much cooler than the pleather cushions. For the cost I think they're generally improbable to whip for closed headphones.

The unique ZX700's aren't unfavorable- less rough than the perpetual V6/7506. Notwithstanding circumaural, they're more pleasing. In any case, I don't think they'll keep up provided the V6 has done for you. Still, may be worth looking at-in particular as they might be found for well under $100. The Shure SRH840's might as well additionally be within your plan-superb soundstage for a closed phone, towering disengagement, exceptionally OK SQ (a cut above the above), folds, more extensive than the V6 but then circumaural also yet again. Makes you look similar to a sum utter dork when worn outside (unless you're uncommonly smoking to capacity through the dorkness) but evidently some individuals don't give a darn for that.

I guess provided that you have greater ears, but in that case, virtually any circumaural telephone might be called "slightly supra-aural" (its a honest indicate depending on if you do have huge ears, however).

It is possible that method, I'm not heading off to it, but readers might as well know they're arranged as circumaural by both their maker and most exceptionally users, combining me, and I've utilized a considerable measure of headphones over the years.

I doubt that there is/are something greater than one style of OEM and Beyer trade cushions over there, on the grounds that I've possessed the V6s with both, and if anything, the Beyer cushions were less circumaural than the OEMs. Scrutinizing a quest of pictures of both appears to back me up on that, but I surmise YMMV.

I don't have tremendous ears (e.g. my lugholes settle superbly well in the Bose Triport and the Ultrasone Edition 8, to say a few reduced true circumaurals) and they're just about-circumaural for me.

Possibly method however, I've never actually used with the sandpapery properties of the V6/7506 and I think you could probably do preferred in present modern times if overlay capability (which, given the method the V6 overlap as contradicted to e.g. an Audio-Technica ES7 / Bose AE2, was never that pragmatic for me) isn't a necessity.

I suspected the same amount yet the V6's are showcased towards DJ's and I've disliked DJ telephones. (In all encompassing) I haven't in reality caught the V6's but the "special plastics" appear to precipitate an improvement in solace. I know I've claimed a couple of 7506's and they've kept up for practically 13 years. I've regularly caught reports of the V6 telephones plastic/pleather crumbling. My 7506's are about as soft and supple as they've unfailingly been.

The Grado SR-60 is that they clearly sounded smoother IMHO than the 7506, but they were substantially less pleasing. They are, obviously, open jars as every warm body here knows with the goal that could absolutely be a thought receivable to neighbors but additionally receivable to absence of uproar denial.