Thread: mic not working in Iphone 4 but able to record everything

mic not working in Iphone 4 but able to record everything

Hi, I am using Iphone 4 from last couple of months and it was working perfectly without any problem but don’t know what happened to the device as whenever I speak anything while attending any call another person unable to receive my voice. And thus I came to know that there could be some problem with the mi of the phone thus I just tested it, and it seems that it is working perfectly without any problem. in other words I can simply record each and everything that I want. so what could be the problem, any idea.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: mic not working in Iphone 4 but able to record everything

As you have mentioned that you are able to record everything through the mic that means there could not be any problem with the hardware, but still this is quite wired I have heard for the first time.

But still you should try with the settings first, I mean to say you should try to reset the resetting of your firmware first so that you can figure out the exact cause, and it would be resolved for sure after resetting the firmware if there is some problem with the firmware.

(NOTE: you should try to make backup of all the data which is important to you, or you may lose it after a hard reset.)

I was also having the same problem but after changing the firmware of the mobile and installing another one it was working perfectly. Thus would recommend you the same thing.

And as the above user mentioned you should first of all try to make a backup first because all the data would be wiped out for sure.

see you can simply check whether it is a network problem or not. because sometimes it happens as we can’t even receive voice from other hand and vice versa. But this is simply happens sometimes only, thus first of all let me know whether this is happening each and every time you make a call or sometimes only? try to figure out what is happening exactly.

And you can have another option as well like you should try to insert another SIM card in your mobile and then try to make a call and see what happens. If you are not having any such problem then surely there is some problem with your existing network and if the same thing is happening then there could be the some problem with your device, it could be either software or hardware.

Though you are saying as you can record your voice through the mobile but still according to me there is surely some problem with the phone mic and you should change it for sure, if you are still having problem after updating the firmware as well.

I am agree with the above user as this is the wired problem that I have seen for the first time and really can’t figure out what could be the problem but still its not always good to get the solution rather we can have too many other alternative as well that we can make use of.

I mean to say you should try to make use of headphone while making or receiving calls from any of your contacts till got the exact solution for your phone.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I have tried each and everything you have mentioned but still didn’t get the actual solution.

I think you should try to visit the blackberry service center for your device because they will help you surely with this. and if there would be any hardware problem then also it would be replaced for sure.

And if suppose you have exceeded the warranty period then you may have to pay them if there is some problem with the hardware and you have to buy it again.