Thread: Display not appearing | No light on Iphone 4 screen

Display not appearing | No light on Iphone 4 screen

Hi, I am using Iphone 4 from last month and was working perfectly without any glitch, but don’t know what happened wrong as I am not getting anything on the screen, in other words I can say that nothing appears on the screen, not even a light.

Is it some fault in the device, I mean to say is it a hardware problem? and if so then is it replaceable or I must have to repair the mobile?

Any suggestion?

Re: Display not appearing | No light on Iphone 4 screen

yeah you are right actually, there could be anything that can cause such a problem in the device. have you ever got such a problem ever before or this is the first time?

Because see if this is happening continually then there could be some problem in the hardware for sure. And for that you can simply replace it with the newer one, and off course that would be the only good option rather than repairing it.

I am not sure whether it will resolve you problem or not but still I have heard that resetting the phone can solve almost each and every type of problems in any phone, not only for the Iphone rather each and everything works perfectly after doing this. thus according to me you should try to do this for sure. You can have two methods for doing this and they are called as soft reset and hard reset. While you do soft resetting, all the settings would be reset and it is also called as factory reset as well, but after doing hard reset not only the settings but all the data would be wiped out and it will recover the original data to your phone. And it would be better if you simply make a backup so that you can recover the important data if it is needed.

I was also having the same problem in my phone but after resetting the firmware everything was perfectly ok, thus I would like to suggest you that only as you should try to get that do that and see what happens next. Because the surest thing is like if you are not getting any glitch after updating the firmware that means there was a problem actually in the software but if suppose you are still having the same problem that means there is some serious problem with the hardware.

According to me it's a hardware problem you have to change display IC, and It would be resolved for sure.

Question- I am even not sure whether I got with repairing or do I replace the whole hardware. Because I have noticed very much difference in the price, as the newer one is quite expensive rather repairing the existing one is cheaper.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion, really appreciated.

have you ever dropped it from your hand, or eve spilled water on the phone screen? This may also causes such a problem in the phone and with no other option we have to buy another one.

Off course it is replaceable but only if the device comes under warranty period, if suppose that period is already been gone then you must have to buy newer one otherwise you can claim the warranty and that particular part would be replaced from the service center without any cost. But the main difference between repairing a mobile and getting newer part is like you’ll get newer part with newer capability. And apart from this if you are purchasing that part from the service center so you’ll get the original part for your mobile rather outsider technician doesn’t guarantees the product they are selling.

I have also heard that such a problems also happens because of some applications as well, because such a faulty application keeps running and while they get break or corrupted it causes this kind of problems like nothing appears on screen.