Thread: Motherboard of iphone 4 is damaged

Motherboard of iphone 4 is damaged

Hello guys I have found a problem with my Iphone4 motherboard please help me? My iphone 4 was working properly but the screen was having some problem and so I thought of changing the screen and then the screen wasn’t working when I tried to check out what’s the problem and at this time I noticed that my motherboard has been damaged now please tell me what to do.

Re: Motherboard of iphone 4 is damaged

Well I think that you have been repairing your phone by yourself, have you had a good practice of repairing the phone? If yes then you are yourself responsible for this problem and now you have indulged into a big problem with this you need to visit the customer service and ask them to help you out. And i am amazed that you have been trying to do all such stuff by yourself instead of taking to your customer service this is really a big problem which has been invited by yourself. But one thing I would be really appreciating is your daring which you have been showing with your iphone 4 anyways not I don’t think anyone can help you out and this would be solved in the customer service and I am sure that they would be charging you heavily. Anyways lets hope the best for you hope your luck works out over there and they would be able to help you out.

I think that you would have damaged it while closing it a hard press or some related rough work would have leaded into this damage. And I am agreed with the above poster in all the words and I would be saying that just go to the service center without wasting time and take the screen which was the original one and I would say that you don’t need to say them that you have been repairing your phone from somewhere outside or by yourself you can say that it just fell down and opened up and this was the result so I think they may be able to help you.

Very well I have heard about n number of problem from the I phone 4 and now this is something very new I haven’t heard any problem about the motherboard been damaged something new from you but I am sorry no big suggestion other than accepting what above guys have been saying.

Friend I have been repairing the phone from quite a long time and I would like to tell you that what you are talking about may be about the 1uF caps case 0402 when I had opened the iphone 4 I also found the same thing and I thought it was the problem with the capacitor but no it wasn’t so I think that its not the actuall problem you need to take it to someone better who can repair it and with that I would like to suggest you a simple suggestion which is Replace damaged black filter or make jumper, that is 1v8 supply for lcd I would be hoping that this would helping you out of this problem.

True words number of problem has been heard but motherboard problem is new and this is not impossible but suddenly having it at home is something weird i don't think that anyone has been having it in past and this may be the manufacturing problme and the heating effect which you must have been saying that the board would have got spoilt due to the heat and you need to get it checked now and replace can be done no problem but i think you would be charged that the only problem.

You guys were right and i think i knew that to that no one would be able to help me out other than the service center but i though if any of you can support me with some help for this, i was sure that there would be someone who would be coming up with something and so many of you guys were. But i am bit disappointed that no one was able to suggest me how can i fix it and some of you said that this wasn't a problem but i have to say that when i showed it in the service center they themselves said that break is the problem and that needs to be fixed, so bit a bad luck with me i know but i have to face it anyways thanks for the comments you came up.

can you please forward me your number, I need some of your help for my motherboard // urgently. thank you. or contact me via email, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gozdil View Post
    can you please forward me your number, I need some of your help for my motherboard // urgently. thank you. or contact me via email, thank you
    Well, what kind of problem are you facing with the motherboard and is it the iphone motherboard that you are talking about or some pc motherboard? If you can specify in details then we may be able to solve the problem, also you can visit any local computer repair shop or mobile repair shop to get the motherboard fixed at some price.

after changing the front screen, when I turned it on the whole screen appeared to be OK, the apps were there, my pics, etc... Then I hit the top button to shut down the screen.. when I wanted to turn it back on to make a call, it did not come on. All I've seen was the apple logo for a while , then it went away.
    I plugged it into my pc, all it did was to bring up the apple logo then it went away... it was more like off & on with the logo.
    I have tried local stores, they all suggest to buy a new motherboard for my Iphone4. It is costly and I have so much $ into it already. Any other way or suggestions to bring it back to life>?

Quote Originally Posted by gozdil View Post
    after changing the front screen, when I turned it on the whole screen appeared to be OK, the apps were there, my pics, etc... Then I hit the top button to shut down the screen.. when I wanted to turn it back on to make a call, it did not come on. All I've seen was the apple logo for a while , then it went away.
    I plugged it into my pc, all it did was to bring up the apple logo then it went away... it was more like off & on with the logo.
    I have tried local stores, they all suggest to buy a new motherboard for my Iphone4. It is costly and I have so much $ into it already. Any other way or suggestions to bring it back to life>?
    Try the dfu mode of booting the iphone 4 by following the below method:
    DFU mode.
    INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Turn off iPhone
    2. Hold down the power and home button.
    3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.