Thread: How to make more space for Apps by moving dalvik-cache to /cache in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

How to make more space for Apps by moving dalvik-cache to /cache in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Can anyone help me to have more space for Apps by moving dalvik-cache to /cache I have been thinking about this a lot and have been planning to learn it can anyone tell me the steps which would be helping me out of this? Please suggest your views and make things clear please.

Re: How to make more space for Apps by moving dalvik-cache to /cache in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Hey friend I know how to do this and I would be suggesting you some point you need to follow them and I am sure that you would be able to do this quickly. Ok so it is like you have to follow 2 steps to do this :
    1. push dalvik2cache /system/bin/dalvik2cache
    2. adb shell
    3. chmod 755 /system/bin/dalvik2cache
    4. echo "/system/bin/dalvik2cache" >> /system/etc/hw_config.sh
    5. Now just restart the deveice.

Re: How to make more space for Apps by moving dalvik-cache to /cache in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Do you really think that you need to do all this stuff? Because this procedures should be carried out only with the professional and I am not sure that you would be having a problem with this or not and if you would be facing any problem with any wrong step then you won’t be able to do anything and you would find more trouble to yourself on your own. So better be away.

I would like to suggest some steps which would help you for sure.
    1) Basically the first thing you need to care about is that just make sure that your play has bene properly attached to the computer and with the Insecure Adb which has been installed.
    2) Now the second step is to run the adb remount.
    3) Now you need to download the attachment and then push the extracted dalvik2cache to /system/bin simply by running "adb push /path/to/dalvik2cache /system/bin/"
    4) Run the adb shell
    5) Look for "chmod 755 /system/bin/dalvik2cache"
    6) Just run the script on every boot. This would be done by adding the /etc/install-recovery.sh Just run "echo ’/system/bin/dalvik2cache’, /etc/install-recovery.sh
    7) "chmod 755 /etc/install-recovery.sh"
    8) Now restart the system and see if this helps you.

I am hoping that that this would be work even without the insecure adb and even with the stock kernel but with this the rooting would be required. And then you need to copy the dalvik2cache file to sdcard first and then with rootexplorer copy file to system/bin then just set the permission and then edit the hw_config.sh with editor.

I would be agreeing with Abhimanyusuta this can be the problme if some or the other step would be taken wrong an this would be creating a problem and this would ask you to go in such trouble that the service center would not be able to help you out to so please dont try all this steps and if you want to try atleat ask any of the experience guy to be around you and guide you if you are really planning to learn until that you don't need to try this out.

Guys this was just awesome thanks for helping me out i knew that you all would be able to help me with a simple steps and a very easy trick and there you are thank you very very much. And i would be hoping the same ahead also.