Thread: When I enter mep code in my blackberry 8900, it hangs

When I enter mep code in my blackberry 8900, it hangs

I have one blackberry 8900 which is now got locked with tmobile. Now, it is asking for a password, but that is not any issue because I have unlock code. Problem is there when I put the unlock code in it then it hangs and it happens every time. I even tried to upgrade and I removed its policy but the problem is as it was, when I insert MEP code then it hangs. If anyone has any solution for this issue then please reply as soon as you can. It’s really very urgent for me.

Re: When I enter mep code in my blackberry 8900, it hangs

The same problem is with my blackberry curve 8900 also. If anyone can provide any fix for this issue then it will be very helpful for me also. My phone gets stuck for every time when I enter the MEP code.

Here is a solution that you both can use to fix the issue with your blackberry. First insert a sim card which is locked and then turn off all the connections and other network related things even Bluetooth. And after that check MEP code (0) left? And also try with wipe your device. Do this. I think it will solve your problem and if you get any further problem then you can post again and I will try to fix that also.

Thanks for taking interest in my problem and your solution. I tried doing the above things that you mentioned but it didn’t help me. I can see that mep code left is still 10. So, if you have any other solution for this issue, then please share with us. I will try that solution also. It’s bit urgent for me.

As far as I know that solution for work for your phone. By the way if it is not working in your case then I think it’s because of new security. Can you tell me what error you are getting? So I can understand the scenario more clearly.

Here I am also stuck at the same situation. When I enter MEP code then it accepts the code but later it hangs on that step only. I tried to wait for several hours to let it boot but it didn’t booted at all. Then finally I had no option other than removing battery. I reinstalled the OS and did all that was mentioned in above solution. I inserted a locked sim and closed all the network related connections, and even Bluetooth. Then also I am not experiencing any change in my issue. And I want to add here that in my case, it is not new security, I can say that because there it is 02 in IMEI.