Thread: 800MHz Qualcomm MSM 7630 processor vs. 1GHz Snapdragon processor

800MHz Qualcomm MSM 7630 processor vs. 1GHz Snapdragon processor

Hi, I am about to buy a very good smartphone and whenever I tried to search anything about any mobile, and I look at the specification I came to know that some of the devices uses 800MHz Qualcomm MSM 7630 processor, and other uses 1GHz Snapdragon processor.

But my question is like what is the difference between those processors? And off course along with their difference which one would be the better to have?

Which device uses this processors? Any suggestion would be appreciated

Re: 800MHz Qualcomm MSM 7630 processor vs. 1GHz Snapdragon processor

As the name implies Snapdragon are the second generation processors that actually comes after the another one you have mentioned, and as you can see the first one was 800MHz of capability whereas the newer one has 1GHz processing speed, thus off course another one would be better to have, and as the extent to I know 800MHz processors are limited in market because all newer devices comes with 1GHz processors.

But still as you want to know about some of the models, as far as I know there is only one I know that has 800MHz processor and that’s HTC merge.

And LG Genesis, Samsung Mesmerize, HTC Desire has 1GHz processors. Now you can choose between them for sure.

as you are about to buy a mobile I would like to suggest you to have HTC EVO Shift 4G, but it is only ordered online don’t know why but that doesn’t matter however. And this is the mobile which actually uses 800MHz Qualcomm MSM7630 processor. I know this is quite older but still with this mentioned mobile you’ll have extra storage of 2048MB of ROM and 512 RAM.

I am agree with the above user as you should get another one which is of 1GHz processor because, by means of this you’ll get unexpected performance from your device.

See, when it comes to CPU Snapdragon processor is the most preferable processors that we can have in our mobile. and the factors through which you can see the difference between those processors are such as,

• CPU Structure,

• Width of Machine Word,

• Primary (RAM) Data bus,

• Supported Instruction Set,

• CPU Core, Recommanded Minimum Clock Frequency,

• Recommanded Maximum Clock Frequency,

• Semiconductor Technology, etc.

And whatever you concern 1GHz processors are always good at each and everything, thus I hope the confusion would be disappeared.

as far as mobile’s are concern this is the most revolutionary technology for it, as almost each and every smartphones are now comes up with this processors.

And I have device from LG which has 800MHz processor but I have heard that LG Revolution using 1GHz Snapdragon MSM8655 processors, thus at this moment according to me you should get the device from LG only. and off course there are too many device that you have glance for at least from its official website.

I know in 2009 the first smartphone to feature a 1GHz Snapdragon processor was the Toshiba TG01 and really it was so cool but nowadays almost each and every device has the same processors and at that time we must have to look at other specification as well about the phone, as the processor is not the only concerning this though it is vital.

According to me you should have any device from the Samsung only, as that is the most leading brand that you can see with no doubt.

Exactly I am agree with the above user as there are certain factors that you have to concern that’s screen size, operating system, built in feature, brand and at last its price. Otherwise according to me don’t just have a mobile only seeing the processor.

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys, I know there are too many devices with the same processor and they are dissimilar in other specification only.

But the thing that made me wonder is like one processor has 800MHz and another has 1GHz frequencies, so will it make that much difference by just add 200MHz more?

if you just start calculating such a calculation then really it would be difficult for you to choose any one of the device, because they are the second generation processors so off course there would some noticeable difference.