Thread: How to properly change an Camera lens

How to properly change an Camera lens

I did not performed this before. Need some quick tips to change the camera lens. I own a canon slr. I purchased an much higher lens and used the manual to do that. But I found some mistakes in doing the same. Need help for the same.

Re: How to properly change an Camera lens

It is not a big deal. But due to some new camera enhancement sometime it stuck and this is an common situation for both beginner and advance photographer. This thing is easy to do. What you need to is holding the camera in your left hand using index finger shack the lens and move it bit like how to open a bottle cap. This will open the lens lock. You have to move front and back slowly to get the right position. The only disadvantage in this method that if you do not hold hit properly you can drop the camera. So better sit somewhere relaxed and do this. The camera manual shows you the arrow to rotate the lens so have a look once on the same. Under this it becomes very difficult to securely hold the camera. You can also use your other hand to hold the lens and other one to hold the camera and title it a bit to open the lens. There are no fixed parts that lock the camera it is simple to remove. In the same way you can fix your own lens. If still in doubt go on Youtube and see some videos.

There is nothing much to do in that. Just rotate the lens towards opposite direction and plug in out. In the same way fix the new one and rotate to lock.

Changing lens is not a big. What is important here is to choose the right lens for your camera. Some camera properties differs from the lens you buy. And it is also not necessary to buy a full lens kit. A regular medium range lens is more then enough to get the right picture.