Thread: How is the performance of 60GB OCZ Agility Series SATA II 2.5" SSD

How is the performance of 60GB OCZ Agility Series SATA II 2.5" SSD

Will it be better to upgrade an ssd in laptop. I have options to go for some additional upgrades and in that OCA Agility series fits well. But it is 60GB. I had heard that performance of such drives are much better and they are reliable too. As there is no movable parts they cannot get much affected with shocks. So counted as best for traveling. I can keep my data as an secondary drive. Other drive can be use for my operating system which is not much importance. The size is super think and small. I found good for notebook. What you think about the same.

Re: How is the performance of 60GB OCZ Agility Series SATA II 2.5" SSD

SSD are always better than regular drivers. This can be used to improve your productivity and get the best performance. Flash drives are having a better and faster data transfer rate. SSD are simply costly and I don't think that 60Gb is enough for you to deal with your data work.

Once thing that I like about SSD's is the power consumption. They are lower and better. So you can use your laptop or netbook for more longer hours. Second thing they are shock proof and speed is simply high enough. You can at start cannot keep more than 60GB in that, so just upgrade for your important data. Or else it is not worth buying a costlier hard drive if you are getting a higher storage substitute in a price similar to that. The drives are capable of reading @ 285 Mb/s and writing @ 275 mb/s. The new controller that is introduced is called as SandForce SF1200 is much more faster in comparison to the older version. So you can better go for this. Spending is fine, but I really want more space. At-least 160GB. That can be more costlier. Flash are still under more development and it is right to say that the future will belong to SSD drives only.

Here is an short specification of this drive. But buy the same on your own choice. Because they are costlier, have less storage space and resell value is less.
    • Current capacity offers 60 GB
    • SandForce Controller (SF1200)
    • Support the TRIM command (with compatible OS)
    • Compatible RAID
    • Form Factor: 2.5 "(99.8 x 69.63 x 9.3mm)
    • Mounting bracket in 3.5 "bay included
    • Serial-ATA II 3 Gbps
    • Read speed: 285 MB / s
    • Write speed: 275 MB / s
    • 10,000 IOPS (random write 4 kB)
    • Access time: less than 0.1 ms

Above specification can satisfy one which really needs a power solution for better medium of data storage.

At 2.5-inches in size what more you can get in Flash NAND. The drive dimensions is 100 mm x 70 mm x 9.5 mm and weighs 72 grams. It uses a SATA 3 Gb / s transfer rate and it is operated by SandForce controller. It is portable, but as the time goes on more development will be done here.

It is correct to say that SSDs are costly and you can only use them for core work. That is storing your very important data. I do not agree to go with an 60GB drive. It will consume space in your laptop and after sometime anyhow you will need a larger space for your work. At that time you have to remove this and get an higher storage device. So either look for high storage space or even external storage is worth than this. Like using an external hard drive with usb support. This will more secure your data as it is not directly connected to your system.