Thread: htc chacha not displaying caller’s information during incoming call

htc chacha not displaying caller’s information during incoming call

I have just bought an htc chacha from a mobile store. I like this phone very much as it suits my needs. I have always liked htc phones. My phone is working absolutely fine but from yesterday my phone isn’t working fine. Whenever I get a call, I am not able to see who is calling. I don’t get any information of the caller. I can’t see the name and the photo of the caller. I can save the contact information of a person on my cell phone and when I call someone, I see the information is displayed successfully. I don’t know what is wrong with the incoming calls. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Re: htc chacha not displaying caller’s information during incoming call

I would suggest you to turn your phone off. After turning off just remove the battery from the phone. Then after few seconds just put the battery back again. I don’t think that there are some major issues. After putting the battery back just try to switch on the phone. And wait until somebody calls you up. If the problem still exists then I think you should try to reset the phone ones. This should solve the problem.

I think if you are just able to see the call and no information with it then I assume it is the problem with network. It could be that the caller id facility is not activated on your phone. If it was activated then it must have been deactivated by the service provider. I think you should contact the service provider for which you are using the SIM. Contact them and ask them to activate the Caller ID for your account. Once caller id is activated on your account then you will be able to see the contact name and number on your phone when anyone makes call on your number.

I think you are using only phone or the SIM memory contacts and this is why you are not getting name for few contacts. Go to contacts and open the settings for that. Then select the memory in use and set that to “Phone and SIM” option. This will allow accessing both the memory for contacts.

Well if your phone is not showing any information of the person who is calling you then I assume that there is something seriously really wrong with your phone's software. I guess you have to reinstall the firmware of your phone which must be having some problem due to which you are not able to see any number on your phone. I think after this your phone will become alright

I would suggest you to contact the htc guys to help you out. Try to install the android operating system again on your phone. May be this will work for you. Contact the htc guys and ask them to assist you regarding this issue.

I think you should take your phone to the dealer from where you had purchased your phone. Tell them about the issue and see what they tell. If the phone is in warranty period then ask them to replace your phone.

i think you should make sure that your display is fine. may be it is your display that is not acting properly. i assume the issue could be of sim card, if it is not the issue of displya. sometimes if your sim card is ol and you have used it for many years, it is possible that the sim card is getting bad and you must try to get a new sim card.