Thread: Configure Tata DOCOMO GPRS settings on Sony Ericsson LT15i

Configure Tata DOCOMO GPRS settings on Sony Ericsson LT15i

Hi, I have recently purchased a new mobile as I have mentioned in the title itself and I am using DOCOMO as a carrier, thus I am planning to use internet on that, but as I came to know that we need to have setting then only we can surf the internet but still I don’t know how we can do it manually? Is there anyone using same network operator, please tell me how can I make settings in my newer mobile and use internet.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

re: Configure Tata DOCOMO GPRS settings on Sony Ericsson LT15i

Why don’t you have those settings directly to you device, I mean to say you should try to contact your network operator for the same, and if you do this you won’t have to even bother about configuring it, as you contact them they’ll sent the settings to your device and you just have to save it in a normal way, and make sure that you have selected it as a default so that whenever you try to access internet through that, your device will use your default setting that you have recently saved.

And according to me this would be the better idea rather than configuring it manually, because see there are too many fields that we have to configure perfectly, and if we made any small mistake over there then the connection would not be established.

I am agree with you but the thing is like I have contacted them but they told me that the device that I am using is not listed in their directory and because of that I must have to do this settings manually, otherwise I know that we can receive message from there.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

Though I am agree with the above user, but still if suppose you want to configure it manually then just follow the below mentioned steps.

• First of all you have to open the menu and then settings. as all the settings will be appeared so from that you have to select connectivity settings and there would be too many different field that you have to fill, thus fill is as I am mentioning below.

• Name : TATADOCOMOINTERNET(you can give whatever you want)

1. APN: TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET (don’t make any change here)
      2. Proxy: <none>
      3. Port: 8080
      4. Usename :<none>
      5. Password:<none>
      6. MMSC:<none>
      7. MMS Proxy: <none>
      8. MMS Port:<none>
      9. MCC : 404
      10. MNC: 40
      11. Authentication Type: <none>
      12. APN Type: <none>

• As you have completed with this you need to reboot the phone so that the phone can take the effective settings that we have made.

• Now try to access any website.

I have done all the things that you have mentioned but still nothing appears on the page rather it shows the general message that we see while we are unable to see any pages.

I am agree with the above user as all the things that he had told you is almost perfect but still according to me you should make some little bit settings.

Your MCC and MNC values should be changed as 405 and 03 respectively, because see this is the default values provided by the network operator itself. As you do this after that make sure that you have selected “Data Bearer: GPRS“.

you can have another option as well to visit the below link.

http://www.tatadocomo.com/gprs-pack.aspx

Re: Configure Tata DOCOMO GPRS settings on Sony Ericsson LT15i

If suppose you are still pursuing the same problem then let me tell you as the better option would be to visit your network operators gallery, because from there they will help you with configuring this settings, and let them do it.